Heavy Diesel Fitters UG | Olympic Dam | 7:7 FIFO
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7:7 rotating day/night roster arrangement, with FIFO from Adelaide, DIDO from Regional SA or Bus Services from Roxby Downs available.
About the role
The role will involve being an active team member, providing Mechanical Maintenance support to the Mobile Fleet Maintenance work team. You will adhere to operating requirements and strive for the safe achievement of individual, team and site objectives.
In this role you will:
- Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Assist with any planned maintenance and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Provide mechanical trade skills to perform unplanned or breakdown maintenance
- Maintain equipment on the surface/workshop or as part of the underground team
- Work with your team to a high level of accountability and be able to build productive team relationships
- Provide Feedback to the Shift Maintenance Supervisors on job progress
To find out more about working underground and to meet our team at Olympic Dam please PLAY our video at the footer of this content.
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Heavy Diesel Mechanic trade qualifications with experience in heavy machinery
- Underground mining experience highly regarded (not essential) as this is an underground position
- Rigger, Dogger, Crane, FL and Bridge & Gantry tickets, also advantageous
- Solid time management skills and ability to prioritise A proactive team player who is also self-motivated and able to work effectively unsupervised
- Ability to communicate well across multiple levels and disciplines
About our process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.