Supervisor Production | Nickel West | Mt Keith | Roster 7/7
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success!
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana. A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia. Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
Nickel West Mt Keith
Nickel West Mt Keith is located 460 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in the Northern Goldfields. Nickel West Mt Keith is a surface mining operation with an open pit and concentrator plant. The operation is surrounded by pastoral stations, with the nearest townships being Leinster and Wiluna. There’s plenty to keep you entertained in the Mt Keith Village. Take the heat off the day and head to the pool – or join in a game of footy. BBQ dinners are regularly held and other social activities include movie nights. Employees commute to and from Perth on a fly in / fly out roster.
About the Role
- A great 'Lifestyle' roster 7/7
- Permanent employment with BHP with all the benefits of full-time work
- Attractive remuneration according to current market
- Annual Bonus
- BHP Shareplus Program
- Village located closed to Mt Keith airport. (Only walking distance from airport to the camp)
Reporting to the Superintendent Mining Production, you will lead a group of Production Technicians responsible for executing the mining plan on a shift-to-shift basis. As a supervisor, you will have strong leadership skills and ability to positively influence our safety culture. Leading by example, being proactive and prioritising Field Leadership activities, will be critical to your success.
In addition, you will play a key role by:
- Managing the day-to-day control and supervision of the mine in accordance with Mine Safety and Inspection requirements.
- Lead by example and oversee the day-to-day operations of the production team.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Mines Safety Inspection Regulations.
- By routine, personal inspection and daily interactions, monitor performance of equipment and compliance with operating procedures.
- Maximise compliance with the operational plan by ensuring that all activities under the supervisor's control are carried out in accordance with the operation plan and work instructions.
- Manage workloads and allocate duties across the production team to deliver the plan and ensure all development targets are achieved.
We value diversity in thinking, and your career to date will testify your ability to display critical reasoning skills, quickly grasp technical concepts, and apply theories. You will be able to demonstrate strong business insight and understand the key drivers of shareholder value.
Energetic and committed, you work well with challenges, bringing attention to detail and an ability to meet multiple deadlines. You relate well with people, communicate confidently and build collaborative working relationships. Your ability to engage and build trust with your reports and be a champion for change will help you deliver on your commitments and will position you well for future career opportunities.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Unrestricted WA quarry manager certification desired or willingness to obtain
- Meet the conditions of a section 26 statutory supervisor
- Knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection and OHS Act/Regulations
- A background in leading a team in a frontline supervisory capacity
- Demonstrated experience working in production environment
- Demonstrate managing multiple conflicting priorities and strong decision-making skills to achieve the best outcome for crews and production in the short and long term
- Collaborative relationship building and negotiation skills to engage others and work on accountability
- Sound computer literacy with exposure to interpreting shift metrics to drive optimal production behaviors
- Support and grow a culture of diversity and personal development within the team
- Ability to inspire and develop operators including those new to industry
- Your ability to communicate, engage and build trust with your team will help you deliver on your commitments and will position you well for future career opportunities
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.