Talent Network | Process Technician | Jimblebar | FIFO 8:6
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Processing Production Technician to join our Production Processing team at Jimblebar mine.
This position is offered as a FIFO role based 40kms east of Newman at Jimblebar iron ore mine site, working an 8:6 roster.
The successful individual will report to the Supervisor, Processing Production, and will demonstrate the following:
About the Role
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
- Safely operating and cleaning of fixed plant equipment including conveyors, crushing & screening facilities, Rock breakers, stockyards and balance machines
- Willingness to be trained on all equipment and plant
- Develop high quality, task-based risk assessments
- Actively identify, report and rectify hazards
- Conduct inspections to a high quality, reporting on all defects.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Current full West Australian *C- class motor vehicle license or current equivalent Australian State motor vehicle license
- A HR licence, Confined space ticket and Working at Heights ticket will be beneficial
- A motivated problem solver who is dedicated to continuously improving their work environment
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to work, with a drive to develop and learn
- Demonstrated experience working in a diverse team environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Experience operating in a Fixed Plant environment
- Take a proactive role in maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour including ability to hold team
- 2 years + Processing Technician experience is essential - Previous experience in mobile equipment (Bobcat, loader and excavator) is desirable
- Participate in field leadership activities and promote a strong safety culture within the team
- Ability to work autonomously and accountability to maintain work area to a high standard
- Positively influencing peers through professional behaviours, healthy attitude and embrace positive team culture
- Exceptional time management skills
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.