Mechanical Fitter | Newman | Operations Services | WA |
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
About BHP Operations Services
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
About the Role:
In support of our growing portfolio, we are seeking highly skilled and motivated Mechanical Fitters to join our conveyor maintenance workshop based in Newman Ore Body 25 Eastern Ridge on 8 days on, 6 days off Roster FIFO from Perth
As a passionate team player, you will have endless opportunities to work across world class assets embracing social value, teamwork, and collaboration.
These exciting opportunities offer permanent employment with a leading industry company focused on resources the world needs.
“Our purpose is to bring people and resources together to build a better world”.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for maintain & repairing a wide variety of fixed plant assets.
As a candidate who enjoys working in a team of high safety and operational standards you will.
- Maintain, diagnose, analyse and repair equipment that is utilised for the safe effective change out of conveyor belts.
- Complete allocated workshop maintenance tasks as per the daily and weekly plan
- Operate workshop and mobile equipment
- Carry out preventative, general maintenance and repairs.
- Perform assembly and disassembly tasks on modules as scheduled
- Undertake training and upskilling as relevant to technical role
- Ensure accurate completion of technical documentation, reports, and drawings.
- Be comfortable to participate in safe start and other operational meetings as required
- Take personal responsibility for achieving results.
- Actively participate in identification of continues improvement.
- Commit to your development within your technical and professional division.
- Safety first with the capacity to speak up and play an active role in positive team culture and creating a great workplace.
- Collaboration with the great Operations services team
We are seeking applications from candidates for the role of Mechanical Fitter (Mechanical maintenance technician)
- Australian recognised trade certificate – (Mechanical Fitter - Focus on Hydraulics will be highly diserable)
- Hydraulics fault finding experience would be advantageous
- A current 'C' class license
- Dogging, rigging, and forklift license (Desirable)
- Computer experience or/ and exposure to 1SAP
- Safety first approach
- Dedicated and enthusiastic team member
- Keen to learn with a willingness for self-improvement
- Exposure to FIFO
What is on offer:
This role is based within the Pilbara region of Western Australia, on a fly in fly out 8 days on, 6 days off roster. Our villages and accommodation offer a wide range of facilities and all have their own ensuites, bathrooms, television and air conditioners.
In return we offer a competitive salary, with attractive incentive bonus, a range of flexible leave options, ongoing support to you and your family through our EAP, access to BHP share scheme and employee benefits. We also offer a promotion of culture through our Big Thanks rewards.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks, which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.