Emergency Service Officers | Talent Pipeline | Nickel West | Various WA Locations
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is one of the most sustainable nickel producers in the world and the world's leading nickel supplier to the battery metals market and part of our Minerals Australia business. Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business operating in various locations across Western Australia. All nickel operations (open-cut and underground mines, concentrators, a smelter and refinery) are located in Western Australia.
About the Role
We are currently on the look-out for motivated and capable Emergency Services Officers to join the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team across our Nickel West Operations.
Reporting to the Security and Emergency Management Supervisor at the respective site, this role is vital in ensuring that all emergency response activities are performed in a safe, timely and efficient way.
You will work as part of a dynamic team, bringing an empathetic and adaptable approach to the immediate and long-term health and safety of others, whilst driving and demonstrating the types of behaviour that set positive examples within BHP and surrounding communities.
You will be required to:
- Respond to mine site emergencies.
- Maintain operational emergency response equipment.
- Maintain site security access systems, and complete daily front of house duties including drug and alcohol testing.
- Assist the site HSE team to execute a variety of health and safety related projects.
- Provide the highest possible standard of pre-hospital emergency care, adhering to treatment procedures, accurately completing documentation, and applying the correct operational procedure in response to the situation presented to them.
- Plan and deliver training sessions, knowledge sharing and scenario-based activities for volunteer ERT members other staff.
- Commit to ongoing development of skills and qualifications to maintain competencies and clinical scope of practice.
This role will suit a highly capable team player who is motivated to collaborate with site and HSE teams to ensure that everyone goes home safe every day to do the things they love. Above all, your positive attitude and willingness to learn is integral to the success of the team.
You will also have:
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue, or equivalent / higher.
- Certificate IV in Health Care (Ambulance), or equivalent / higher
- Minimum of C class driver’s license (HR/MR preferable).
- Rescue experience in firefighting, ambulance, defence forces or any emergency service (preferred).
- Comprehensive technical understanding of risk management and/or operational mining experience.
- Excellent communication skills and interaction experience with personnel, patients, or customer service
- Ability to make effective decisions in rapidly unfolding situations.
Location and Roster
We have a pipeline opportunity across few of our Northern Operation sites at Mt Keith, Leinster and also Kambalda, Kalgoorlie and Kwinana.
Nickel West operations are spread amongst three areas, Mt Keith, Cliffs and Leinster. Operations are located approximately 375km north of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. There’s plenty to keep you entertained at each of the villages – head to the pool – or join in any number of social activities. Employees commute to and from Perth on a fly in / fly out roster or from regional areas on a drive in / drive out roster.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all Nickel West sites are smoke free operations with Cliffs and Leinster also having clean shaven policies.
Ideal roster and travel arrangement (eg: Residential / FIFO) will be discussed with successful applicant.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.