Lead Shutdown Execution | Whaleback | FIFO 5:2/4:3 or Resi 5:2
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As the Lead Shutdown, you will join a high performing team where you will be responsible for leading the Newman Operations Fixed Plant Outflow Shutdown Team ensuring the safe and timely execution of the shutdown management plan at our Newman operation at Whaleback.
Reporting directly to the Superintendent Shutdown Execution, you will develop partnerships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including our Fixed Plant teams; Maintenance and Engineering Centre of Excellence; Engineering, Asset and Technology Projects; and our contracting partners. You will play an important role to ensure the shutdown management process is followed with milestones achieved by working together with our key stakeholders.
In addition, you will play a key role through:
- Managing and coordinating weekly shutdown enabling tasks by leading a team of Direct Reports consisting of Shutdown Supervisors and Material Logistics Officers.
- Leveraging skills and promote development and growth within your team.
- Setting KPI’s and driving performance within your team
- Promoting continuous improvement by using the BHP Operating System
- The Safe and Efficient execution of Maintenance activities through maintaining a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices
- Develop the Shutdown plan for the smooth execution of Minor and Major Shutdowns in conjunction with the Planning department and other stakeholders.
- Coordination of shutdown activity across the Fixed Plants during planning, scheduling and execution to provide a safe and efficient shutdown service across operations.
- Development of shutdown management plans inclusive of (traffic management, Organisational charts, shutdown risk assessments)
- Liaise with Operations and Maintenance teams to validate and challenge scope, including preparation requirements, isolation requirements and maintenance activities
- Liaising with MECoE planners and site personnel with the improvement of Shutdown plans (Task list and Work Instruction updates and validation of planned work orders and work scopes)
- Communication and coordination between the key stakeholders across supply chain to ensure required maintenance work is carried out with the least disruption to the supply chain without compromising the plant’s functionality
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership capability, and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships in addition to a demonstrated ability to consolidate and analyse information, you will have the skills and knowledge to provide critical thinking and a solution-focused attitude.
As the successful candidate you will ideally possess the following:
- Trade or Engineering Qualification
- Strong task planning skills, including 1SAP and coordination of 3rd party inputs
- Proven track record of a high level of safety leadership as well as interpersonal skills
- Extensive practical knowledge and experience in the execution of Fixed Plant Maintenance activities
- Energetic and positive attitude with ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Ability to lead a team effectively and drive performance
- Experience in the execution, project management and planning fields highly advantageous
- Ability to work within a team and develop relationships
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
This opportunity is a FIFO or Residential position based at Whaleback working a 5:2/4:3 or 5:2 Roster, however Flexible Work arrangements are available and encouraged.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.