Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
About BHP Operations Services:
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
About the Role:
We are actively recruiting for a Scraper Technician to join our close-knit Port Hedland Conveyor Mechanical team at Finucane Island. The position is working on a 4/3 roster (4 days on and 3 days off) with the roster commencing on a Monday.
This role will require the successful applicant to commit to residential living in either Port or South Hedland. BHP housing and a relocation package can also be provided if required.
Daily jobs could include but not limited to:
- Perform detailed inspections on a range of conveyor related equipment inclusive of primary/secondary/tertiary belt cleaners & ploughs.
- Adherence to a scheduled plan of work
- Preparation/building belt cleaner components
- Quality assurance activities & reporting
- Troubleshooting to resolve issues with plant & equipment
- Repair and refurbishments of belt cleaners or ploughs during breakdown windows or maintenance opportunities
- Collaborating with the wider Port team to support sustainable operation of plant
What is on offer?
- Permanent positions
- Annual bonus scheme
- Continuous focus on developing you to be the best you can be through our Mastery Program
- Generous share match scheme
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program
- Work on a 4/3 days only roster
- Port Hedland Residentially based position
We are looking for the following:
- Mechanical Trade qualification is desired or relevant Scraper technician experience will be suffice
- Prior experience working with conveyor related equipment desirable
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Must be able and willing to perform work that is repetitive in nature
- Must have strong safety ethics
- You will be a strong team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Willingness to learn and further develop
Please ensure when submitting your resume, to specify the mining equipment you have worked on.
About Our Process:
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicant’s suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce:
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.