Truck Operators | Operations Services | Nickel West | 7/7 DN
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About Operations Services
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
If you want to learn more about Operations Services please click here
About the Role:
BHP Operations Services Production team currently operates across various locations within Australia.
Operations Services Production is currently recruiting for Truck Operators to work with our team at Nickel West, Camelot Deployment in Leinster. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, working in a fast-paced open cut environment, this role allows the ability to apply your knowledge and be a part of a small team across numerous areas such as production and drill & blast.
We are looking for experienced operators with demonstrated mining, quarry or civil background with below equipment:
- Haul Trucks – Caterpillar 785 or similar size
- Water trucks – Caterpillar 785 or similar size
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Confident in operating any of the equipment listed before;
- A safe operator who is both dedicated and enthusiastic about your job;
- A strong desire to learn and to develop a range of new skills and equipment;
- Able to work to deadlines and remain effective under pressure;
- A teamwork mentality to achieve results;
- Effective listener with well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Competent and possess comprehensive reading and writing skills;
- Experienced mining and civil Operators, quarry or small mine operators are encouraged to apply.
What's on offer:
- A great 'Lifestyle' roster 7/7 (7 days on, 7 days off and 7 nights on, 7 days off)
- Permanent employment with BHP Operations Services with all the benefits of full-time work;
- Competitive remuneration and according to current market;
- Annual Bonus;
- BHP SharePlus Program;
- Continuous focus on developing and upskilling our people with the possibility to diversified your equipment experience;
- Smaller teams focused on diversity, culture, safety, processes and performance;
- Transportation to site – Flights are provided from Perth to Leinster;
- Accommodation/Village located in Leinster.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.