Specialist OT Networks Engineer I Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As the Industrial Communication Networks Engineer, you will be responsible to manage and maintain Industrial Wireless Networks according to the system designed operating standards and work management/service management processes to deliver a premium level of support and oversees the management of the work, ensuring safe systems of work as well as execute planned logical maintenance while minimising any impacts to business continuity. You will design, optimize and integrate Industrial Wireless Networks in line with the BHP Operational Technology standards and adherence to blueprint. This role is based in Brisbane though will require regular site travel into the Bowen Basin in QLD.
Key duties to include;
- Engage in Industrial Wireless network related tasks, ensuring safe systems of work, to deliver a premium level of support, as well as manage maintenance schedule;
- Act as an escalation point for issues and drives resolution in Industrial Wireless Operational networks to meet SLAs;
- Provide input into the resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems assisting with identifying root causes & implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents;
- Contribute to the development of asset management plans to meet asset management and maintenance strategy.
- Identify strategic opportunities that deliver long-term value for the business, validate the strategic direction and identify the key priorities
- Support the implementation of cohesive continuous improvement initiatives across assets.
- Develop and provide feedback on performance to all the key stakeholders to improve future plans, designs, schedules and forecasts in Industrial Networks Domain
- You will have proven experience in: operating and supporting in an Industrial Wireless Network Domain, IP Transmission network domains, communication network standards and protocols, network optimisation and coverage planning.
- You will have proven experience leading outcomes (small projects), providing automation and continuous improvement.
- You will have a tertiary qualification in Technology, Engineering or similar discipline and relevant post-qualification experience developing, maintaining and supporting Wireless data networks and transmission networks in OT environments. Excellent understanding of root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Proven ability to persuade and influence internal and external stakeholders through formal and informal methods. Proven ability to build, grow and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders. Ability to analyse complex situations, provide strategic advice and offer business solutions and support for Industrial Wireless Networks Domain
- Ability to cope with multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment;
- You can understand and communicate highly technical information to non-technical audiences. An ability to lead teams, including third-party vendors and support staff, will be looked on favourably.
- Experience in using network monitoring and management tools and develop monitoring tool requirement for new services, update or modify existing tools to accommodate newly added elements
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to IP networks
- IT network certifications (CWNA, CCNA,CCNP – or industry recognised equivalent)
- ITIL or similar industry best practice tool certification, preferred but not essential
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.