Supervisor Shutdown (Mechanical) | South Flank | FIFO 8/6
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Shutdown, the Shutdown Supervisor is the interface for all stakeholders to support the shutdown execution activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices to ensure a safe working environment
- Develop the Shutdown plan for the smooth execution of Shutdowns in conjunction with the Planning department and other stakeholders.
- Coordination of shutdown activity across the Fixed Plants during planning, scheduling and execution to provide a safe and efficient shutdown service across operations.
- Liaise with Operations and Maintenance teams to validate and challenge scope, including preparation requirements, isolation requirements and maintenance activities
- Liaising with MCoE planners and site personnel with the improvement of Shutdown plans (Task list and Work Instruction updates and validation of planned work orders and work scopes)
- Communication and coordination between the key stakeholders across supply chain to ensure required maintenance work is carried out with the least disruption to the supply chain without compromising the plant’s functionality
To be successful in securing this exciting position at South Flank as it embarks on significant growth, it is desired you have the following;
- Australian recognized Mechanical trade qualification
- Strong task planning skills, including 1SAP and coordination of 3rd party inputs
- Strong practical hands on skills in mechanical or electrical maintenance associated with Fixed Plant Equipment
- Energetic and positive attitude with ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Experience in the execution, project management and planning fields highly advantageous
- Ability to work within a team and develop relationships
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.