Mechanical Fitter - Concentrator | Olympic Dam | 7/7
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
One of Australia's largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 day/night roster pattern arrangement with residential, FIFO (from Adelaide) or DIDO options available.
An opportunity exists for a qualified Mechanical Fitter to work with at our Olympic Dam asset performing planned, unplanned and or breakdown maintenance activities within the Concentrator plant of our surface operations.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Provide technical expertise within the team to facilitate planned, unplanned and or breakdown maintenance and preventative shut down maintenance
- Develop close working relationships with operations personnel to ensure that all plant downtime issues are escalated correctly and remedied promptly
- Provide continual feedback to the maintenance supervisor on job/task progress
To find out more about working at Olympic Dam CLICK HERE
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm's way
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels and functions
- Trade qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience working within an operational environment on Fixed Plant maintenance
- Ability to operate across multiple work-fronts ensuring you maintain and clean and tidy workplace
- Understanding of Quality Assurance principles and associated systems and practices
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.