Specialist Reliability | Yandi | FIFO 5/2, 4/3, 9/5
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Working in our Mobile Equipment Maintenance Reliability Team, your role will provide technical support by applying Reliability Centred Maintenance principles in driving defect elimination, improvement initiatives and identifying opportunities to support safe and reliable operations. Establishing and maintaining relationships with the mobile equipment: maintenance, production, planning, inventory, and engineering teams will be critical to ensure success in this role.
This position is based at Yandi and is offered as a 5/2, 4/3, 9/5 FIFO roster with potential for flexible working arrangements to be considered.
The role will require you to:
- Demonstrate strong safety values by supporting Field Leadership, Safety Audits, Risk Assessments, and Safety Initiatives that drive positive safety outcomes.
- Examine asset performance and work management trends and identify opportunities to consistently improve equipment reliability and productivity. Enable, influence & support maintenance team(s) to achieve these.
- Guide and facilitate root cause analysis from identified gaps in equipment and work management performance. Ensuring corrective actions / recommendations are in place to prevent recurrence of identified failure mode(s).
- Identify and drive initiatives / projects to capture value across: Safety, Volume, Cost and Culture. With focus on improving MTBF, equipment availability and direct cost savings.
- Provide technical support and guidance to Mobile Equipment Maintenance team.
- Construction of Maintenance budgets & associated forecasting, and review of equipment critical spares.
- Manage End-to-End asset life cycle and consistently optimise asset management strategies to deliver business requirements.
- Support and be an advocate for BHP Operating System (BOS) Principles and Practices.
- Build strong relationships with all the internal and external stakeholders to influence and drive outcomes to deliver business goals.
- Responsible as a control owner in identified risk area to support compliance and adherence to the risk framework.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Mechanical & Reliability industry experience, with strong preference for involvement with Caterpillar, Komatsu, Liebherr, Hyundai, and Hitachi mobile equipment, or Degree qualified in Engineering Mechanical
- Strong proven work experience in a similar role
- Ability to influence, engage, & communicate with stakeholders effectively across all levels of the business, from frontline employees to senior management.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a collaborative approach to finding practical solutions utilising continuous improvement processes.
- Ability to define and manage projects from conception to completion.
- High-level of experience with all Microsoft Office Applications & 1SAP.
- Ability to apply management of change & risk principles.
- Willingness & ability to learn, adapt to change.
- Extensive experience as a Reliability Engineer or Maintenance Engineer within the mining industry will be highly advantageous.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.