Saraji Mine | Specialist Mine Scheduling | 8:6 Roster
Job Type: Not Specified
About the Role
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
With a series of exciting projects on the horizon and access to a supportive, inclusive and results-orientated leadership team, it's the perfect time to join the Saraji team.
Reporting to the Prestrip Lead Mine Planning Superintendent on an 8 days on 6 days off roster, you will be primarily be involved in providing design, scheduling and execution direction around the 1 to 16 week time frame at our Saraji Mine Operation.
This is great opportunity to hone your mine planning leadership skills and further develop a deep understanding of the key value drivers for a complex open cut mining operation.
- Prepare Truck & Shovel and , Haulage and Dozerpush designs and schedules to optimise for safe and productive operations;
- Build and maintain close working relationship with Mine Operation teams;
- Minimise downtime and delay of operational activities through optimising the mining sequences, identifying key enabling activities and reducing interactions;
- Identify interactions and key enabling activities and put plans in place to manage them;
- Identify, develop and implement Mine Planning improvement initiatives & follow standards and processes;
- Participate in the investigation of reported events (safety or otherwise) for Mine Planning;
- Work with relevant Functions, Operations, Geology, Metallurgy, Geotechnical and Mining Engineer team members;
- Ensure that teams are adequately briefed on technical matters to make appropriate decisions.
Ideally you will have a Tertiary education in Engineering discipline along with strong communication, organisation and stakeholder management skills.
You will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results & ideally have previous experience in a similar role working for an organisation in the mining sector.
You will have:
- Knowledge and experience in mine design and scheduling (Vulcan or Deskwik & SPRY preferred);
- Open cut coal mining methods, including truck & shovel, dozer push and terrace mining;
- Working knowledge of Geotechnical, Geology, processing and Survey process;
- Well-developed analytical, interpretive and constructive/ lateral thinking skills.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, people with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.