Principal Value Analytics | Value Engineering | Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Value Engineering
BHP’s Value Engineering (VE) is a newly formed team, which is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative group focused on maximising value-adding opportunities across BHP by leveraging skills in the Technical Function to deliver incremental, step change and innovative solutions.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Value Analytics for Minerals Australia, you will be part of a team of enthusiastic data practitioners working on performance improvement projects that focus on maximising value opportunities and performance across the value chain, through the application of data, operational and engineering expertise.
You will be working collaboratively alongside site operations, business subject matter experts, data analytics professionals and other VE team members.
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical team leadership.
- Lead analysis projects.
- Build working relationships with the BHP data community.
- Lead the identification of business requirements to address stakeholder problems.
- Document, explain and present analysis solutions to both technical and senior business. Stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be able to work within a team environment, and will possess strong problem-solving skills, a collaborative mindset and be passionate about delivering extraordinary results with a focus on safety and continuous improvement.
You will require:
- Experience providing technical leadership to your team to help solve problems and streamline analysis.
- Experience delivering performance improvement solutions for business problems. This includes applying data analysis, statistical analysis, and machine learning techniques to generate business value while maintaining a practical and strategic focus.
- Experience in applying industry standard analysis tools and approaches. This includes data platforms, programming languages and data analysis technologies.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. You can influence stakeholders within different areas of expertise.
Other highly regarded skills include experience in:
- Mining, resource industry or equivalent heavy industries.
- Engineering consulting and/or management consulting.
- Managing projects.
- Agile teams.
Location and Roster
This is Brisbane base role and working on Monday to Friday roster.
What is on offer?
- Permanent employment with BHP with all the benefits of full-time work.
- Flexible working options, benefits to enable your work-life balance.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Annual performance incentive and salary review.
- Generous share match scheme.
- Various leave options.
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program.
To find out more about working with BHP and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number – 69198
- Application closes on Wednesday, 7th June 2023
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.