Supervisor Maintenance | Operations Services | Port Hedland
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As a Maintenance Supervisor your main accountabilities will be to manage a conveyor team to safely execute conveyor belt replacements and associated activities to a high standard, ensuring maximum Plant availability. You will also be a champion for business improvement and you will be able to help support your team on this journey.
Role is FIFO, 8/6, 7/7 roster.
You will have a desire to shape culture, lead a team and improve business processes. Your extensive background in conveyor maintenance and experience in leading teams will see you well placed with the required capability to step into this opportunity. Your ability to communicate is of the upmost importance as well as your relationships skills. It is essential that you demonstrate impeccable safety behaviours and being safety focused is part of your everyday.
Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance, you will also:
- Foster a positive & productive working relationship and culture between the team members and with other departments;
- Ensure HSEC standards, hazard identification and management is applied by departmental personnel;
- Continue to identify opportunities to improve the performance of people, processes and systems;
- Improve conveyor performance and reliability through quality maintenance practices;
- Have sound business acumen;
- Build cross functional relationships with other areas to support the delivery of maintenance;
- Have an understanding of SAP;
- Coach, review and develop trades personnel to ensure their skills are optimised to their full potential;
- A Certificate III in Polymer Processing is highly desirable;
- Extensive conveyor related experience in heavy industry essential.
Working with supportive leaders, this is an exciting opportunity to help build a supportive and progressive culture. Your ability to communicate and engage with your reports and be a champion for change will help you deliver on your commitments and will position you well for future career opportunities.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.