Production Operators | Peak Downs Deployment | Queensland
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About Operations Services
BHP Operations Services provides industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
About the Role:
BHP Operations Services Production team currently operates across various locations within Australia. We are currently recruiting for Production Operators to work with our team at Peak Downs Deployment, and who can operate any of the following equipment:
- Excavators – EX 5600, Liebherr 9800 or similar size equipment
- Dozers - CAT D10, D11
- Grader – CAT 24M
- Haul/Dump Trucks – CAT 793, CAT 797, Komatsu 930E, T282 and/or equivalent equipment
- Water Truck – CAT 777
What's on offer:
- Permanent employment with BHP Operations Services with all the benefits of full-time work;
- Funded flights provided from Brisbane to Bowen Basin!
- Competitive remuneration and according to current market;
- Annual Bonus;
- Continuous focus on developing and upskilling our people with the possibility to diversified your equipment experience;
- Smaller teams focused on diversity, culture, safety, processes and performance;
- Access to our BHP Shares Program
- The possibility of learning new technologies as part of developing a long term career with us;
- Transportation to site - this provided from the main regional cities and discussed during recruitment process.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills and experience:
- A safe operator who is both dedicated and enthusiastic about your job;
- A strong desire to learn and to develop a range of new skills and equipment;
- Able to work to deadlines and remain effective under pressure;
- A teamwork mentality to achieve results;
- Effective listener with well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Competent and possess comprehensive reading and writing skills.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK).
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms