Auto Electrician | WA Iron Ore | Residential Newman | Talent
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Role
The WA Iron Ore team is currently looking to connect with experienced Auto Electricians who would be interested in joining our world-class maintenance teams in the near future. Having the right people working within our organization focusing on our maintenance will allow us to unlock the value of our assets by ensuring that we have reliable equipment, predictable operations and a safe work environment for our people.
We will have a number of roles on even time rosters based residentially in Newman, Western Australia. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalized town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidized rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
In these roles, you will be responsible for executing a maintenance schedule on mobile plant & equipment. You will be actively involved in the planning and scoping of work to be executed in PM outages and making maintenance and operating decisions either as individuals or as a team to ensure the safety, reliability and efficiency of our assets.
Your duties may include:
- Conduct complex diagnostics and maintenance activities/repairs on mobile plant & equipment
- Work efficiently and effectively on plant and equipment such as autonomous Trucks and other essential critical Mobile Fleet such as Shovels, Excavators, Drills, Front end loaders, Dozers –Track and wheeled, Graders, Rollers, and Water carts
- Follow specific maintenance programs and procedures and carrying out checks on equipment as required.
- Ensure accurate completion of technical documentation, reports and drawings as required.
- Be comfortable in the use of computerised maintenance systems (SAP), including time confirmations, raising notifications and closing work orders.
- Take personal responsibility for helping the team achieve expected results by doing what is required and taking timely actions within the scope of competence without being supervised.
- Undertake training on a regular basis and provide support and coaching to work mates within area of competence.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with rescheduling of work, organising and coordinating resources, scoping of work and determining priorities when required.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of the new initiatives in a constructive way.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Australian recognised Automotive Electrician Trade Qualification (Heavy Industry)
- Current Automotive Refrigerant Handling licence
- Forklift and High Risk Working licence
- Strong auto electrical maintenance competency with sound diagnostic abilities
- Experience working on CAT Haul Trucks 793F Haul Trucks
- Exposure to CAT Minestar Autonomous system
- Experience with Cummins & Komatsu
- Experience within Mining industry preferred, however agricultural or heavy industry will be considered
- Ability to work off schematic drawings
- Strong presentation, communication and coaching skills and the ability to work closely in a team environment