Principal Health | WAIO | Perth | 5:2
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Team in the role of Principal Health. Reporting to the Superintendent Health and Hygiene, this role will provide an opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and experienced health and hygiene professionals, working in a collaborative and rewarding environment.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Set strategic direction on occupational health-related matters or health risk management
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical health advice to internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Be responsible for delivering health improvement projects or initiatives to meet internal and external requirements
- Engage and influence stakeholders and customers to support delivery of health initiatives or improvements
- Monitor, review and analyse health performance across the Asset an identify opportunities for improvement
- Govern, maintain and improve health related standards, processes, systems and procedures
- Implement risk management approach for health risks including design of critical controls
This role will suit an experienced, self-motivated health professional who is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of our people to support a thriving workforce. You will also be motivated by a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to problem solve and drive positive change.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An overriding commitment to BHP’s Charter Values
- Tertiary qualifications in Allied Health or other health-related discipline
- Experience leading change and in delivering company-wide health related initiatives or projects in mining or other similar industries
- Ability to engage, coach and influence multiple stakeholders at varying levels of the organisation on health related initiatives or matters
- Strong understanding of health -related legislation across Australia
- Ability to work autonomously while also thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
Based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower "City Square" you will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office with state-of-the-art facilities. Including virtual whiteboards, and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbeques.
Flexible work options are available and encouraged, and we welcome a discussion on the flexible working options available for this role.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].