Safety Specialist | Olympic Dam Asset Projects | FIFO from Adelaide | 5/2/4/3 -Flexible Work Options
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Safety Specialist with a particular flair for providing, training and development and building capability in others. In this role, you will have the opportunity to also coach and influence our Olympic Dam Asset Projects workforce, while providing technical expertise in building capability within the Projects to manage core safety accountabilities.
The role will be offered FIFO from Adelaide on a 5/2/4/3 roster although flexible working options will be considered.
In this role you will:
- Support line management in their accountability for HSE risk assessments, event investigation, field leadership and compliance to relevant HSE requirements including the contractor management framework.
- Monitor the quality of HSE risk assessments, event investigation and field leadership.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety content for upskilling Project teams including Delivery Partner personnel.
- Conduct governance and assurance activities as required to ensure delivery partners are meeting contractual metrics.
- Facilitate the communication between workgroups to ensure consistency in systems, processes, procedures and goals.
- Support line leadership in building an understanding of, and compliance with, relevant HSE Our Requirements (GLD) and legal requirements.
- Participate in other business plan projects.
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven passion for safety and a culture of care. You will also have:
- An overriding commitment to BHPs Charter Values.
- Formal qualifications (desirable but not essential) and/or equivalent experience in Health and Safety related roles.
- Passion for building positive team culture and for supporting others through mentoring and coaching to achieve collective goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence at multiple levels in safety, with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to self-motivate, manage priorities and assess data to effectivity deliver HSE support.
- Good computer-based skills and working knowledge of HSE data management systems (EMS and Flex in particular).
- A current Australian State or Territory issued “C” class motor vehicle license or equivalent.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].