Superintendent HSE Business Partnering | BMA | Various commute options
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We have an exciting Superintendent HSE opportunity at BMA, reporting to the Manager HSE Business Partnering. This is an exciting opportunity to further develop and apply your HSE leadership skills and experience within a mature mining environment. In this role you will fulfil a key position within the site leadership team, leading a team of HSE professionals, and directly influencing HSE strategy and performance at the respective operation.
These opportunities are well suited to someone who has people leadership capability and is looking to be part of a team which is shaping processes and contributing to meeting and exceeding targets, within a changing and diverse workforce.
Flexible work options will be considered with these roles being offered as:
- Residential, DIDO or FIFO (Brisbane airport, company charter flights)
- 5/2 Monday to Friday roster
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership for a team of high performing health, safety and environmental professionals
- Build capability within the operational leaders to enable them to create the desired health, safety and environment culture, and enact their HSE risk management and compliance requirements
- Identify, prioritise and implement required HSE strategies and initiates to support successful operational outcomes
- Support the implementation of BHP Operating System (BOS) within the HSE
- Contract manage multiple contractor partners, including a team of 20+ emergency services personnel
- Govern and maintain the design and implementation of HSE standards, procedures and systems
- Ensure provision of technical expertise and deliverables to support the site Integrated Operation Plans
- Work collaboratively with other HSE teams & Functions to improve HSE delivery and risk management across the Asset
To be successful in this role, you will be a strong people leader with a proven passion for HSE. Your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will see you working closely with site and external stakeholders on a daily basis and ensure operational challenges are raised and mitigating actions are taken enabling you to build trusted relationships across site and functional departments across all levels of hierarchy. You will also ideally have:
- Experience in leading and developing teams;
- Passion for creating an engaging, supportive and inspiring culture;
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving proactive HSE outcomes;
- Formal qualifications and/or equivalent experience in health, safety, environment or related discipline such as science or business;
- Forward thinking and proactive work style;
- A proven ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans;
- Drive to continuously develop those around you
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Please note as part of this recruitment process the successful applicant will need to conduct a Queensland legislated coal mine workers’ health assessment.
From 1 April 2023, ResHealth will be mandatory for the completion of coal mine workers’ health assessments, allowing you to submit, monitor and review the progress of your health assessment in a secure online environment.
For more information please go to the ResHealth website.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in above using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].