Shotfirer Camelot Deployment Nickel West 7/7 Day only
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About Operations Services
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
About the Role:
BHP Operations Services Production team currently operates across various locations within Australia.
Operations Services Production is currently recruiting for Shotfirers to work with our team at Nickel West, Camelot Deployment in Leinster. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, working in a fast paced open cut environment, this role allows the ability to apply your knowledge and be a part of a small team across numerous areas such as production and drill & blast.
Your key deliverables include;
- Conduct tie in of blast patterns, priming, loading and stemming;
- Assist drill & blast engineers to ensure effective blast designs;
- Ensure magazine keeper, appointed shotfirer duties and handling of explosives & blasting activities are adhered to in line with site and legislative requirements;
- Follow all requirements as outlaid in the site BOMP;
- Ability to assist the production team where required in operation of mobile equipment.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience with Electronic and non-electric blasting practices;
- Hold a relevant WA Shotfirers licence or interstate equivalent and all tickets that are applicable to your skillset;
- Dangerous Goods Security Card (DGSC) or interstate equivalent;
- Magazine controller experience;
- Hold a full class C drivers licence;
- A safe Shotfirers who is well experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic about your job;
- A strong desire to lean and to develop in your career;
- Able to work to deadlines and remain effective and safe under pressure;
- A teamwork mentality to achieve results;
- Effective listener with well-developed interpersonal and communications skills;
- Competent and possess comprehensive reading and writing skills.
What's on offer:
- A great 'Lifestyle' roster 7/7 day shift only;
- Permanent employment with BHP Operations Services with all the benefits of full-time work;
- Competitive remuneration and according to current market;
- Annual Bonus;
- Continuous focus on developing and upskilling our people with the possibility to diversified your equipment experience;
- Smaller teams focused on diversity, culture, safety, processes and performance;
- Village located in Leinster;
- Transportation to site – Flights are provided from Perth to Leinster.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.