Mine Services Engineer | Olympic Dam | 8/6 Roster FIFO, DIDO or Residential
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Services Engineering, this role plays an integral part in supporting the versatile Underground Mine Services operational team, which specialises in the installation & maintenance of critical mine infrastructure including services, ventilation & barricades as well as the management of UG diamond drilling and the Mine safety store.
As we prepare to transition to Cemented Paste Fill (CPF) in late FY25, the Mine Services Engineer will play a crucial role in facilitating this process. The ideal candidate for this position should be able to effectively inform and prepare our services team for the upcoming transition, as well as provide support in the smooth implementation of our underground paste reticulation network.
This is a dynamic role which will provide you a breadth of variability on a day-to-day basis and challenge you from a technical, project/contract management, coordination, and execution perspective all while leading a team.
This is an excellent opportunity to think and act differently while we look to optimise in the mine services space.
This position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 8/6 roster with options of residential, FIFO ex-Adelaide or DIDO offering flexible work arrangements.
To be successful in this role, you will be self-motivated and can effectively engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
Some of the duties in this role will be:
- Be first & foremost focused on creating a culture of care, being a visible safety leader, engaging & supporting the Mine Services team, customers, and stakeholders, including providing coaching and mentoring to Mine Services Operational teams.
- Identify & implement improvement opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency, and cost effectiveness in collaboration with team and, MOPs and Capital Projects teams, and support the team’s BOS routines and contribute to maturity.
- Initiate and participate in Management of Change and RRRAs as required for department projects.
- Support Mine Services Leadership in managing risk portfolio and understanding risk appetite.
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values and communication skills. In addition you will have:
- Experience with people leadership and development.
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated ability to consolidate and analyse information.
- The skills and knowledge to provide critical thinking and a solution focused attitude to support decision making on complex situations.
Your success will be driven by experience in the following areas:
- Experience in mining (ideally underground) with a tertiary engineering qualification, or significant relevant practical underground mining experience.
- Demonstrated underground mining experience and understanding of the mining cycle and services networks.
- Previous technical leadership, project and/or contract management experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite, SAP, Deswik. CAD & MDM, production reporting databases and platforms will be advantageous, but not essential.
- Operational or technical exposure to Cemented Paste Fill systems and processes.
How to Apply
Please apply online before 3 October 2023
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].