Project Manager | Adelaide
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Project Manager to join the Xplor team, within the Portfolio Strategy and Development function in Adelaide.
This role is fast paced and at times ambiguous, with key contribution to accelerator program development, community management and economic modeling for early-stage investment works.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program Management: Lead the overall management and execution of the accelerator program, including planning, organizing, and monitoring program activities.
- Participant Selection: Coordinate the selection process, reviewing applications, conducting interviews, and selecting promising participants for the program.
- Mentorship and Support: Facilitate connections between participants and experienced ‘Xperts’, ensuring they receive valuable guidance and support throughout the program.
- Curriculum Development: Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop and refine the accelerator curriculum, covering topics such as business strategy, technical – minerals systems, operational readiness.
- Events and Workshops: Organize and manage events, workshops, and networking sessions to provide participants with opportunities to learn, network, and showcase their progress to BHP and the external Xplor network.
- Performance Tracking: Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and track the progress of participants in the program, providing regular reports and feedback to stakeholders.
- Program Promotion: Contribute to marketing and promotional efforts to attract high-quality participants and build the reputation of the accelerator program within the ecosystem.
This vacancy closes on 20 September at 11:59pm AEST.
As a natural communicator, it is expected that you will liaise and manage stakeholders of all levels. Using your growth mindset and proactiveness, you will be action oriented to drive results.
Ability to manage competing priorities and seek feedback is essential.
More formal requirements include:
- Bachelor Degree – Business or Project Management
- 10 or more years of post-qualification experience
- Experience in multiple accelerator programs, venture capital, and/or startup ecosystems.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].