Miner CAF Development | Olympic Dam | 7:7 Roster
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to operate the CAF miner underground across Olympic Dam, safely and efficiently conducting mining activities and maximising production from the CAF miner. Duties include safe and efficient mining of CAF filled drives and previously filled stopes, operation of the development loader, as well as fulfilling other roles within the Development department such as charge up and jumbos to maximise Development productivity.
In this role you will:
- Safely & efficiently operate the CAF miner to excavate CAF filled drives and CAF filled stopes.
- Understand & interpret Development Authority to Excavate (ATE) for CAF development, ensuring controls required within the ATE are followed at all times and that development is maintained on line & on grade.
- Interpret ground conditions during excavations, escalating any areas of concern to Supervision.
- Fulfil other ticketed roles within the development team such as charge up, loader operation and jumbo as required to maximise Development productivity.
- Provide training, coaching and guidance to other Development team members.
- Strive to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste.
- Knows your customer and be obsessed with meeting their needs.
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing, and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Have experience within Mine Development, including nippering, services, charge up and loader roles.
- Current ticket for R2900/R3000 loader and current blasters license.
- CAF miner ticket and experience is advantageous.
- Proven leadership in previous roles, providing training, coaching and mentoring to other crew members.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].