Specialist OT Operations TROC AHS | Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Perth City Square is home to BHP's Technology Remote Operations Centre (TROC). TROC operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week supporting a wide range of safety and production critical Operational Technology (OT) to prevent or minimise impacts to our Minerals Australia assets caused by failure in critical technology services.
The TROC team purpose is to quickly predict, prevent and respond to Operational Technology Evens and consists of around 100 team members. This role sits within the TROC 24x7 team and reports to the Lead Respond Operational Performance TROC.
About the Role
This role is based in Perth.
This position will work on our Lifestyle Roster, working a pattern of days and nights, with a block of days off at the end of each swing. Employees on this roster enjoy two full weekends off out of four and will align to the following shift rotation: 2D2N5X, 2D3N4X, 3D2N5X. Shifts are 12.5 hours including handover, and you will benefit from additional shift allowances, as part of your remuneration package. As an added benefit, those on a Lifestyle Roster will also enjoy an additional week of annual leave per year.
The fun parts of this role include:
- Autonomous haulage system diagnostics
- Remote health monitoring and break-in technology maintenance for autonomous mining equipment
- Proactive monitoring and event management to maintain critical Technology availability
- Rapidly provide break-fix solutions to restore production system availability following outages
- Safe execution of planned work
- Engaging with site operation stakeholders during events, incidents and changes
- Undertake technology maintenance within work management and safe systems of work
- Collaboration and working with technology site operations and maintenance teams in enabling autonomy on equipment
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Previous mining/resources support of mission critical services and operational experience is required
- Previous experience with support (either on site or remote) of either Komatsu or Caterpillar FMS/AHS system is required
- Familiarity of ServiceNow (or familiarity with ITSM systems) and SAP
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a range of cross functional stakeholders
- Self-motivated and effective communicator with Technology, operational or maintenance experience
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Team oriented and results focused
- Experience in troubleshooting and support of applications, and servers, including, but not limited to the following -
Fleet Management Systems (MineStar Terrain, Modular Dispatch & Provision)
Autonomous Haulage Systems ( MineStar Command, Komatsu Frontrunner)
Autonomous Drills (Surface Manager)
Industrial Wireless Networks (Cisco, LTE)
GNSS hardware (Trimble & Topcon receivers)
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].