Maintenance Technician | Boilermaker and Mechanical Fitter | Nickel West | Residential | Kalgoorlie
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
The three streams of Nickel concentrate from Mt Keith, Leinster & Cliffs sites come together at the Nickel West Kalgoorlie smelter, a vital part of our integrated business. The smelter uses a flash furnace to smelt concentrate to produce nickel matte. Nickel West Kwinana then refines granulated nickel matte from the Kalgoorlie smelter into premium-grade nickel powder and briquettes containing 99.8 per cent nickel. Nickel matte and metal are exported to overseas markets via the Port of Fremantle. Over 75% of BHP’s nickel is now sold to global battery material suppliers.
Kalgoorlie is the largest inland city in Western Australia and due to its central location is positioned at the heart of the Goldfields as a vibrant mining town and a major gateway to the Eastern States. The City of Kalgoorlie/Boulder offers modern shopping facilities including big brand and local independent retailers, 4wd & cycle tracks, plenty of parks and playgrounds and schooling for all ages up to high school. There are contemporary housing options for all budgets
About the Role
We are currently seeking Trade qualified Mechanical Fitters and Boilermakers to join our Kalgoorlie team. Working within the Mechanical Maintenance team you will be carrying out preventive, general maintenance and repair work within the Flash Furnace area
- This is a Kalgoorlie residential area only role
- Family friendly roster 5/2 Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
In this role you will:
- Work on rotating machinery, lubrication systems, hydraulics and pneumatics conveying systems
- Inspect, diagnose, service and repair of fixed plant equipment
- Overhaul and assembly of equipment in the Flash Furnace area
- Utilise computerised maintenance management systems
- Maintaining a high level of housekeeping in the workshops
- Undertaking training and upskilling as required
- Relevant Mechanical Trade Qualification (Essential)
- Previous experience working in fixed plant maintenance.
- Computer literacy and experience in 1SAP or similar applications
- Current full WA Drivers Licence
- Flexible, team oriented, approach with proactive communication skills
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.