Specialist Payroll Projects | Australia / Manila / Kuala Lumpur | 12 months (Fixed Term)
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
What is GBS H2R Transactions? We are a small, skilled, passionate team focused on the activities to execute HR transitions for acquisitions, mergers and divestments. This is unique work to support a smooth transition for our people as they integrate to, or divest from, the BHP Group. Our team have deep expertise in a range of Hire to Retire (H2R) processes, Global Business Service (GBS) H2R vendors, systems, data and project management. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to deeply understand our end-to-end H2R processes, data, systems, wiring, risk and governance all while partnering closely with our customers and stakeholders, working in a dynamic project environment. These roles will work closely with our Principals / Leads to help us deliver a positive experience for HR and personnel impacted by transitions and successful applicants can be located in Australia (Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide), Manila or Kuala Lumpur.
- Reviewing process maps and documentation to uplift understanding of impacted processes and teams for the work ahead, and lean into gap identification
- Compile and track detailed service catalogues, processes, documentation, system and wiring as required for project activities
- Design how we will execute HR at interim and end state processes including definition of governance, system, vendors, reporting, and business as usual engagements
- Lead coordination of knowledge transfer requirements
- Direct and support business continuity requirements in interim state, cutover and end-state change impacts with specific focus on payroll execution and continuance
- Partner with internal team members, HR and cross-functional stakeholders in Change Impact Assessments to understand and support process integration, highlighting and supporting execution for project actions and milestones
- Directly engage with internal and external stakeholders (such as vendors and external buyers) to support knowledge handovers, design documentation, change impacts
- Participating in conversations on system design and change requirements
- Stakeholder engagement with key SME contacts
You will have detailed hands-on experience in Payroll such as transactional and complex processing, pay run execution (end-to-end including pre pay run controls through post pay run activities and interfaces), Year End reconciliation and execution.
Proficient in SAP and Success Factors (including Employee Central), you will also have a working knowledge of Payroll continuance and governance, process mapping, Payroll implementations, continuous improvement and change management.
Importantly, you will
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and tackling new challenges
- Be passionate about employee experience and payroll continuance, and providing our people with the best possible HR support
- Be keen to dive into new processes and information, and tenacious in chasing down gaps, context and threads identified in an ambiguous environment
- Have high attention to detail, and be planned and organized
- Have problem identification and solving skills and care for risk, and be comfortable with (or wish to develop) engaging and influencing skills
Applications close 1st October
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].