Health Specialist | BMA | Bowen Basin | Part time
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Our HSE team is a dynamic team that passionately delivers excellence in Health, Safety, Environment, Security and Emergency Services. We are strong believers of flexible work, diversity and individuality.
We currently have an opportunity to join our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) BMA team based on site across one or more of the BMA Mines located in proximity to Moranbah.
Reporting to the site Superintendent HSE, this is a unique opportunity to utilise your skills and experience with one of the world's largest coal producers. In this role, you will be the key point of contact for the site in the areas of injury management, occupational hygiene and health promotion.
This is a site role, noting Flexible work options can be considered.
As the successful candidate, you will;
- Provide technical expertise in injury prevention, injury management/rehabilitation and return to work processes. Including the development of suitable duties plans and associated documents.
- Provide leadership, coaching and specialist advice to key stakeholders on health matters – from the coal face through to site senior leadership.
- Provide support for regulatory health surveillance activities.
- Oversee heath data analytics, through execution of data integrity and governance activities.
- Provide leadership to contract Paramedic personnel.
- Complete behavioural-based health/safety Field Leadership observations, offering support and technical guidance to positively influence our culture of care.
- Provide step-up leadership support to the site Health, Safety and Environment Superintendent.
To be successful in the Health Specialist role you will have a genuine desire to help people achieve positive health and wellbeing outcomes; combined with a clear understanding of the role that the resources sector plays in health, hygiene and wellbeing management of our most important asset – our people.
You will also have:
- The ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with medical and allied health providers, with excellent communication skills.
- A commitment to coaching, influencing, and encouraging a mentally healthy workforce.
- Proven experience in a health related tertiary qualified profession with current registration (e.g. Physiotherapy, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Paramedical Science or Exercise Physiology)
- Working knowledge of both Queensland workers compensation and QLD mining health and safety legislation is required.
- Experience working within occupational hygiene.
- Personal resilience to act as the key point of point of contact for site health matters in a fast-paced environment.
You will be a fast learner and quickly develop a working knowledge of legislative health reporting and injury/illness classifications that apply to your work areas, utilising company standards and OSHA reporting guidelines.
You will be able to work closely and share workload with your team but also be comfortable working autonomously when required. You will be motivated by a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to problem solve and drive
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Please note as part of this recruitment process the successful applicant will need to conduct a Queensland legislated coal mine workers’ health assessment.
From 1 April 2023, ResHealth will be mandatory for the completion of coal mine workers’ health assessments, allowing you to submit, monitor and review the progress of your health assessment in a secure online environment.
For more information please go to the ResHealth website.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in above using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].