Specialist Mine Scheduling | Caval Ridge Mine | 4:3
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This is a leadership and technical role within the CVM Mine Scheduling team accountable for construction, delivery, and design of the mine production schedule in the short-term horizon.This includes taking on board the MT schedule and designs to ensure that ST execution within the 1-12 month planning horizon is set up for success.
Use your design and leadership skills to optimise, schedule and communicate key outputs to CVM senior leadership team a Mine Plan which will enable Budget and SRF commitments.
This role is based at the Caval Ridge Mine, Central Queensland on a 4/3 roster with flexible/work from home working option available.
As a successful candidate, you will possess a tertiary qualification or extensive experience in mining engineering with previous experience working at an open cut coal mining operation.
You will have:
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety leadership.
- 3+ years’ experience in a combination of scheduling, haulage, drill & blast, truck stripping, dragline & dozers push design, or coal production planning.
- Demonstrated advanced skills and knowledge in open cut mining, scheduling theory and concepts, product supply chain, operations and field management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience associated with mine planning processes and tasks. Ability to provide inputs and guidance into design and the mine production schedule.
- Proficiency with a range of mine design and scheduling software packages including SPRY, Vulcan, and Deswik CAD;
- Complex problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated experience with specialist mine planning design and scheduling software.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Your strong communication and interpersonal skills will allow you to work closely across a variety of operational and functional teams to deliver a safe and stable mine plan aligned to the site and business direction. You will utilise BHP Operating Systems to lead mine planning improvement initiatives, build and maintain trusted relationships across departments and communicate effectively with disciplines at all levels.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.