Heavy Diesel Fitters | Field Services or MEM (Workshop) | 8:6 7:7 FIFO
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our pople is key to our success. Come and be a part of this succe
About the Role
We are seeking highly experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters to join the team at various locations on the west coast (Predominantly Newman Operations - Newman East and Newman West) to conduct planned and/or breakdown maintenance. FIFO from Perth on, you could be working across any of our WAIO mine sites working on a 8/6 7/7 rotating roster.
- Servicing, planned and breakdown maintenance on variety of heavy mining equipment.
- Field Services: In Field Digger and Drill breakdowns, digger & drill experience naturally sought after.
- Mobile Equipment Maintenance workshop based, planned service, maintenance and repairs. Knowledge of Cat, Komatsu, Cummuins of great advantage.
- Servicing, planned and breakdown maintenance on variety of heavy mining equipment
- Following scheduled planned / breakdown maintenance and carrying out inspections on equipment as required
- Execute work orders as per schedule and to a high standard
- Completing inspections and repairs as per the maintenance strategies
- Scoping and creating 1SAP notifications for preventative work
- Contribute to a positive team culture, working to a high degree of safety at all times, without question
- Trade Qualified in Heavy Diesel Mechanics
- Previous experience in mining either in field services or mobile equipment maintenance will be highly regarded, transferrable industries may be considered
- Highly safety focused
- Team focussed, with a positive team oriented nature
- Autonomous work ethic
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
What is on offer?
- Competitive remuneration
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous BHP share match scheme
- Opportunity to take over current 482 sponsorship visas
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program
- Big Thanks employee internal rewards program
- Ongoing training, support and development to your skills, career and you long term employment with BHP
- A positive work culture who supports each other, where coming to work is to be enjoyed, safely.
About our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.