Superintendent Control Systems | Technology | WAIO | Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As the Superintendent Control Systems - Perth, you will be responsible for leading the team in providing effective and efficient 24/7 control systems support for breakdowns and production critical issues, implementing improvements and functional safety preventative maintenance assistance. Your ability to lead by example, be proactive and prioritise will be critical to success.
Reporting to the Manager WAIO Control Systems, your accountabilities will include:
- Have an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Lead the team and leverage the BHP Operating System (BOS) to achieve the organisation objectives in relation to risk reduction, business continuity, downtime reduction and productivity improvements.
- Foster sustainable, high performing, mission focused team with the right capabilities and skills.
- Engages the capabilities of the entire organisation.
- Strives to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste.
- Knows our customer and is obsessed with meeting their needs.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Strong HSE and risk management focus.
- People leadership, with the ability to motivate and inspire others to lead and take ownership.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Proven record leading technical teams to achieve measurable improvement in risk and productivity.
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering / Control Systems Engineering (or similar).
- Experience with configuration and programming of PLC Platforms, including Rockwell.
- Experience with configuration and programming of SCADA/HMI systems, in particular Citect SCADA.
- Functional Safety qualifications (i.e. TUV Certified Engineer) will be highly regarded.
Location and Roster
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
You will be working on Monday-Friday roster. Flexible work is also offered.
What is on offer?
- Permanent employment with BHP with all the benefits of full-time work.
- Flexible working options, benefits to enable your work-life balance.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Annual performance incentive and salary review.
- Generous share match scheme.
- Various leave options.
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program.
To find out more about working with BHP and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number – 71690
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is not applicable for BHP Internal applicants.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].