Electrical Network Coordinator | Nickel West | Kalgoorlie | 5D2X
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
To find out more about Nickel West click here
About the Role
Reporting to the Electrical Execution Superintendent, this position will be an electrical specialist position to directly support the maintenance teams with the management of electrical work on site, with a strong focus on the HV distribution system on site.
Key requirements for this role include:
- Maintaining a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices to ensure a safe working environment and outcomes
- Promoting a high level of team interaction and coordination
- Develop, Review & Approve High Voltage Switching programs/Isolations
- Co-ordinate Site Blackouts, During outages to ensure safe execution of switching and minimisation of impact to other work groups
- Identifying and providing input in the continuous improvement of our Maintenance processes
- Liaising with the Electrical Instrumentation Workshop teams to develop, validate and challenge the scope of work, including preparation requirements, isolation requirements and maintenance activities
- Scope, Plan & Schedule tasks, for technical / large contract works to assist workshop supervisors in managing workload.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability work with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the business. You will have the following skills and attributes:
- WA A Grade Electrical Trade Qualification
- High Voltage switching experience
- Understanding of LV/ HV Networks, LV/HV transformer and protection equipment testing and repairs would be advantageous
- A genuine commitment to safety and proven safety leadership skills in the field is a given
- Previous experience in leading a maintenance team in a frontline supervisory capacity
- Current C Class drivers licence
- In-house Nominee Electrical license would be advantageous
- Instrumentation experience. Cert IV, would be advantageous
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, people with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.