Acting Manager - Health Programs
Box Hill Institute
Location: Box Hill
Job Type: Not Specified
- Based at our Elgar Road Campus, Box Hill
- Internal Opportunity Only
- Maternity Leave Backfill until March 2024
**Internal Only Opportunity**
About the role:
An exciting, internal opportunity to join the Faculty of Health, Community, Disability & Animal Sciences as the Acting Operations Manager - Health Programs where you will be leading a range of activities including mentoring, management, leading innovative and strategic practices, research and sources of funding.
The Operations Manager leads the teaching and business support employees along with a complex range of programs to ensure high quality innovative course materials and excellent training delivery. Success in the position will result in a high performing and engaged team, student achievement and improved education and employment outcomes, compliance and quality education and the development of opportunities to grow market share.
Contributing to the strategic planning processes of the Faculty, the Operations Manager ensures effective communication of the strategic directions, advocates and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements relating to Intellectual Property. The position leads the review of knowledge management systems, collaborates with other research organisations and participates in both state and national moderation and validation processes.
Reporting to the Faculty Director, the position is responsible for establishing and maintaining productive relationships with relevant employers, industries, governments and agencies, including local, federal and state to identify needs within the market place in order to achieve revenue targets and business objectives.
Please submit completed EOI form along with your CV and cover letter.
- Current Box Hill Institute employee
- Relevent degree or approved AQF level 6 or above
- Vocational qualification relevant to the courses delivered
- Significant educational expertise plus acknowledged excellence in academic leadership and developing strategic directions
- Proven significant experience leading and managing teaching programs that comply
with relevant quality standards with a strong understanding of competency based training and assessment
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding and routine application of the
AQTF2010 and the VRQA Guidelines for VET providers. Demonstrated understanding and application of legal
and regulatory requirements for the VET context
- Encourages new and different approaches and solutions that identifies and accesses
sources of current literature and research on education and learning in the e-learning context
We are proud to be a leading education provider with a strong reputation for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
Our organisation comprises of Box Hill Institute (Box Hill & Lilydale locations) and Centre for Adult Education (Melbourne CBD) as well as partnerships across various correctional and defence sites in Victoria.
We are committed to a highly motivated and aligned workforce, so we’ll be by your side to enable you, help you grow, and offer you benefits which enhance your work life balance.
Box Hill Institute is a welcoming, safe and respectful work environment. We are work-life friendly and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements (dependent on the role requirements)
- Career progression opportunities and reward & recognition programs
- On-site parking
- Novated leasing and salary packaging
- Access to health & wellbeing resources
- Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
- Access to libraries offering ebooks, films, novels, children's books and so much more
- Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family as well as discounted access to our floristry, beauticians, restaurant, Vet & dog grooming
- Purchased Leave
If you have questions about this role, please contact Heidi Wenk via email at email@example.com
Applications close: 9am Friday 22nd September 2023
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Candidates for employment at Box Hill Institute will be subject to pre-employment probity checks, and must satisfy Box Hill Institute’s pre-conditions for employment. These include providing a satisfactory (valid employee) Working With Children Check and National Police Check, as well as evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic).
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.