Coordinator - IT & Cyber Security
Box Hill Institute
Location: Box Hill
Job Type: Not Specified
- Based at our Elgar Road Campus, Box Hill
- Ongoing opportunity
- Attractive remuneration package offered
About the role:
Exciting opportunity to join Box Hill Institute as our Coordinator – IT & Cyber Security!
The Coordinator Cyber Security is a member of the IT & Cyber team in the Faculty of Creative, Business & Technology, and the Education Delivery portfolio.
You will be responsible for managing teaching and business support employees along with programs to ensure high quality innovative course materials and excellent training delivery to students. You will be managing the design, development, delivery and evaluation of innovative, customised, best in class vocational education and training for BHI students and clients.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of;
- Managing daily operations of IT/Cyber Security courses.
- Update and promote courses at BHI events.
- Manage and resolve student conflict.
- Create and maintain accurate workforce planning documentation and reporting.
- Maintain staff and student rosters for, on site, offsite and blended courses.
- Develop, implement, and review support and academic progress and re-enrolment plans for students.
- Adhere to compliance standards of BHI, including reporting and compliance.
- Manage the course setup, implementation, and continuous improvement activities.
- Report on funding and actions taken to reduce rejected funding.
- Provide training to staff on BHI Processes and technologies.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement to BHI process.
- Investigate new business opportunities and manage key stakeholders.
- Support vendors and partners of long-established partnerships.
- Accountable for adhering to department KPIs and managing the actions taken to reduce risk for the department.
The Faculty of Creative, Business & Technology delivers vocational education qualifications and industry training in a number of Information technology and cyber security discipline areas. These qualifications are linked to both internal and external pathways with BHI’s VET qualifications and university partners.
Industry-focused yet student-centric, the qualifications gained at BHI are unique to the tertiary sector as rewarding and engaging courses of study that emphasise career readiness and workplace requirements
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) is required
- Diploma of Vocational Education & Training or a Diploma of Training Design and Development (TAE50116, TAE50216 or similar equivalent TAE50122) desirable
- A relevant degree or approved AQF Level 6 or above in Information Technology and/or Cyber Security or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 22603VIC or older 22334VIC Certificate IV in Cyber Security (preferred)
- 22610VIC or older 22445VIC Advanced Diploma of Cyber Security (preferred)
- A vocational qualification relevant to the courses delivered
- High level knowledge and experience working within the industry and/or related disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership skills, managing and motivating a high performance team of teaching staff and supporting students
- Proficiency in the use of StudentWeb to create innovative and engaging blended-learning experiences for students and ability to support and mentor other teachers to develop their skills and knowledge
- Encourages new and different approaches and solutions that will deliver long-term benefits beyond client expectations, challenges and supports others to deliver outstanding service and to deliver continuous improvement effectively managing risk
- Demonstrates high-level awareness of and responsiveness to people from a broad range of diverse backgrounds and emotional contexts, is able to shape responses for people, and see issues from the perspective of others
We are proud to be a leading education provider with a strong reputation for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
Our organisation comprises of Box Hill Institute (Box Hill & Lilydale locations) and Centre for Adult Education (Melbourne CBD) as well as partnerships across various correctional and defence sites in Victoria.
We are committed to a highly motivated and aligned workforce, so we’ll be by your side to enable you, help you grow, and offer you benefits which enhance your work life balance.
Box Hill Institute is a welcoming, safe and respectful work environment. We are work-life friendly and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements (dependent on the role requirements)
- Career progression opportunities and reward & recognition programs
- On-site parking
- Novated leasing and salary packaging
- Access to health & wellbeing resources
- Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
- Access to libraries offering ebooks, films, novels, children's books and so much more
- Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family as well as discounted access to our floristry, beauticians, restaurant, Vet & dog grooming
- Purchased Leave
If you have questions about this role, please contact Diane Bates via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5pm Wednesday 27th September 2023
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Candidates for employment at Box Hill Institute will be subject to pre-employment probity checks, and must satisfy Box Hill Institute’s pre-conditions for employment. These include providing a satisfactory (valid employee) Working With Children Check and National Police Check, as well as evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic).
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.