Mental Health Teacher
Box Hill Institute
Location: Box Hill
Job Type: Casual
- Based at our Whitehorse Road Campus, Box Hill
- Casual opportunity available
- Attractive hourly rate
About the role:
Exciting and rewarding opportunity to join Box Hill Institute as one of our Mental Health Teachers! We have multiple casual opportunities available!
The Mental Health Teacher provides high quality and innovative course materials and excellent teaching delivery to Box Hill Institute students, to:
- support student success in mental health courses and thereby improve their employment and/or educational pathways
- ensure BHI compliance requirements are met.
The Mental Health Teacher is one of several positions in the Community Health unit within the Faculty of Health, Community, Accessibility and Animal Sciences. The position reports to the Coordinator of Mental Health and is responsible for liaising with students, relevant industry groups, community services providers, and employees of BHI at all levels.
Our courses provide pathways into further education and employment, and help to increase life and employability skills. Full-time, part-time, on-campus, blended, work-based and online delivery options exist to suit the needs of our students and industry partners.
The Community Health unit of the Faculty of Health, Community, Accessibility and Animal Sciences as part of the Educational Delivery division, provides accredited programs at the certificate and diploma levels in the areas of community services, youth. disability, mental health., early childhood education and care and education support
- Qualifications in Mental Health, Social Work, Drug and Alcohol
- Experience in lived experience of mental health peer work and mental health risk and safety are desirable
- Demonstrated ability or the capacity to work and provide support and advice to students and BHI employees of diverse cultures, backgrounds and abilities, including effective communication, interpersonal, and coordination skills relevant to a learning environment
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and positive working relations with colleagues from a range of social and cultural backgrounds
- Experience in planning and researching for the preparation of programs and learning materials, in the identification of setting standards, and well developed skills in transferring knowledge including the ability to research, select, and use a wide range of learning resources and assessment tools that would ensure a successful training program
- Demonstrated ability to identify both potential and existing issues and setbacks within a classroom and to effectively resolve these issues
- Ability to motivate and guide students to optimise their learning outcomes
- Demonstrated high level awareness of, and responsiveness to, people from a broad range of diverse backgrounds and emotional contexts
We are proud to be a leading education provider with a strong reputation for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
Our organisation comprises of Box Hill Institute (Box Hill & Lilydale locations) and Centre for Adult Education (Melbourne CBD) as well as partnerships across various correctional and defence sites in Victoria.
We are committed to a highly motivated and aligned workforce, so we’ll be by your side to enable you, help you grow, and offer you benefits which enhance your work life balance.
Box Hill Institute is a welcoming, safe and respectful work environment. We are work-life friendly and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
- We deliver outstanding experiences - we put our students and customers at the centre of everything we do. We solve problems, take ownership and create experiences that make a difference.
- We are in it together - as one team, we care about our people, and foster a generosity of spirit for our community. By valuing our differences we ensure everyone belongs in the BHI community.
- We make great ideas happen - we empower each other to inspire new ideas and challenge the status quo. We are adaptable, equitable and agile in responding to opportunities.
We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career progression opportunities and reward & recognition programs
- On-site parking
- Novated leasing and salary packaging
- Access to health & wellbeing resources
- Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
- Access to libraries offering ebooks, films, novels, childrens books and so much more
- Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family as well as discounted access to our floristry, beauticians, restaurant, Vet & dog grooming
- Purchased Leave
Applications close: 9am, Monday 2nd October 2023
If you have questions about this role, please contact Joy Gibson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Candidates for employment at Box Hill Institute will be subject to pre-employment probity checks, and must satisfy Box Hill Institute’s pre-conditions for employment. These include providing a satisfactory (valid employee) Working With Children Check and National Police Check, as well as evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic).
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.