Investment & Analysis Manager
Brisbane Airport Corporation
Location: Brisbane Airport
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Salary + Annual Bonus + Super
Who we are
Brisbane Airport Corporation is a proud, Queensland-based company that manages Brisbane Airport (BNE), an award-winning hub and a key gateway to Australia and the world. Together, we are building an Airport City that connects people, creates community and supports our economy for generations to come.
We are passionate about what we do, and we are excited to make a positive difference connecting our communities, businesses and people with the world. Our team is committed and driven, and it’s because of them that BNE is such a great airport.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Project Control the I&P Investment and Analysis Manager is responsible for driving commercial performance across the infrastructure and planning group. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the financial and statistical reporting needs of the Group are met and providing the group with improved analytics allowing for data-based decision making.
Key deliverables associated with this role include building financial acumen within the group, supporting business case development, financial and project reporting, project analysis and forecast & budget management.
- Provide clear insight into the performance drivers and operations of the Infrastructure & Planning Group (IPG), identifying risks and opportunities.
- Partner with I&P managers to enable sound decision making through financial analysis and collaboration. This will include but not limited to:
- Assist and challenge new initiative development and analysis to ensure maximum value is being achieved.
- Assist with preparation of initiatives for Investment Committee endorsement for inclusion in the Business Plan
- Working with finance on the assessment of aeronautical recovery of projects
- Management reporting
- Work with Finance and I&P management to coordinate the I&P’s Opex and Capex requirements, ensuring they are reflected in the budget and business plan.
- Work with the group to define and monitor project, program and portfolio benefits.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Head of Project Controls to ensure consistency and transparency in the financial management of infrastructure projects.
- Develop and manage project, program, and portfolio reporting in Power BI
Experience and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, accounting, economics or project management.
- Minimum of 10 years financial experience with infrastructure financing or capital works projects.
- CFA, CPA or CA qualifications.
- Experience in high level financial modelling and analysis
- Experience in business case preparation and review.
- Experience with gated reviews for financial approvals on capital works projects.
This role requires a commercially astute professional with an understanding of infrastructure project finance. You will enjoy and be skilled at identifying opportunities for business improvement and enhanced financial performance. Developing and managing relationships with internal stakeholders, will be integral to success in this role.
Our culture is built on care, communication, collaboration and courage—values we live by with our colleagues, stakeholders, partners and the community. We recognise that our most important priority is keeping our people safe and that looking after their wellbeing and development gives them every opportunity to thrive.
We offer a range of other benefits including:
- An exciting airport environment fostering opportunities to collaborate with dynamic business groups.
- Hybrid working environment – with flexible work arrangements.
- Competitive salary, 12% superannuation and 17.5% annual leave loading
- Free parking at Skygate, Domestic and International terminals anywhere, anytime for as long as you need!
- Paid parental leave.
- Extra leave day at Christmas - on us!
- Personal and professional development opportunities including mentoring and leadership programs.
- Employee wellbeing initiatives; group strategy days, team events, professional talks.
If you have the expertise and passion to succeed in this?role, please apply now with your CV and a short cover letter outlining your suitability.
As a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal at any time.