We know our success begins with our people; it is our people who shape our culture and reputation. Our company and our people are unique, with a work force of around 360, we are a relatively small team, however we manage one of Brisbane’s and Queensland’s biggest and most important public infrastructure assets. Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) is the operator of Brisbane Airport, the premier gateway to Queensland and the third largest airport in Australia by passenger numbers.
The BAC Way
Our unique culture can be attributed to our people. It is our everyday attitude, integrity and work ethic that is what sets us apart and drives our success. We believe our ability to maintain and build this family focused culture whilst growing to be a billion dollar organisation, and one of Queensland’s largest companies, is our point of difference.
Every year we hold Passion Days, a fun team building and networking event. These have become a highpoint on the BAC calendar and provide the opportunity to build strong networks and friendships across the business, as well as give back to our community. Last year, we helped to build prosthetic hands for children in developing countries.
We understand the importance of managing work and home responsibilities and so, over selected periods of the school holidays periods, we try to help by hosting our BACaction Care; a fun and educational vacation care program for employee’s children.
Other parts of what sets our unique culture apart include;
- Regular Staff Talks and Charity Barbeques
- A busy social calendar with mid-year & Christmas parties, Christmas Family Day, Melbourne Cup celebrations and much more
- BAC Leave Day
- Generous remuneration and benefit such as 12% superannuation, High Flyer recognition program and other incentive schemes
- Consultative Groups - our team provide feedback on all initiatives
- Community Minded - we support and engage with our local community through school sponsorships and a Community Giving Fund
- Plus much more!
Your Career at BAC
Every day we strive to inspire and enable everyone at BAC to be their best. We are proud to support the personal and professional development of staff and we offer our people exciting challenges. We encourage our team to undertake regular training and development opportunities, with an average of $2,500 spent on each employee per year.
BAC also hosts the International Exchange and Development program, where we have partnered with Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam, providing an opportunity for employees to participate in a three month secondment to Schiphol Airport.
Other development opportunities at BAC include;.
- Leadership Development programs;
- Mentoring & Coaching ;
- Formal Study
- Annual Performance & Development plans
- Succession Planning.
Our Diverse Workforce
As a gateway to Australia, BAC recognises that the diverse workforce we have is key to achieving our future goals and strategies.
Everyone who is part of the BAC team brings their diversity of thought enriching our workplace with new ideas, different perspectives and varied experiences. BAC actively pursues diversity through;
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Paid Parental Leave
- Purchased Annual Leave
- Diversity targets
- Recruitment and selection targets, including 50% representation of women during the interview stage
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Disability Support Program.