Commercial Property Manager
Brisbane Airport Corporation
Job Type: Full time
Are you a Commercial Property Manager looking for a new role in a unique and expanding environment?
If yes, please read on!
In the role of Commercial Property Manager, you will be responsible for the management of our high performing Portfolio Management team to drive collaborative, positive tenant relationships across our diverse portfolios. In doing so, you will maximise revenue from existing and new property leases & agreements, for investment property portfolios across the Brisbane Airport precinct spanning over 2700 hectares.
The key deliverables in this role include the proactive and collaborative relationship management of tenants and stakeholders together with the management of revenues and expenditures within approved OPEX and Capex budgets.
This is a permanent, fulltime role based at our Skygate Head Office.
Who we are
Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) is a proud, Queensland-based company that manages Brisbane Airport (BNE), an award-winning hub and a key gateway to Australia and the world.
On airport land, spanning 2700 hectares, we are also home to over 24,000 employees and 425 businesses. We are investing $5.6 billion in BNE over the next decade, building an Airport City that connects people, creates community and supports our economy for generations to come.
Our culture is built on our values of care, communication, collaboration and courage. We understand that fostering a positive and inclusive work environment is key to our success. Everyone at BAC brings rich and diverse perspectives to our workplace, strengthening our collective knowledge and ensuring that BNE will continue to connect us as the gateway to Queensland.
This opportunity will expose you to the diversity and excitement of the Airport environment and provide you with the opportunity to use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help support BAC's Property Management team.
What we offer
- Hybrid working environment – with flexible work arrangements.
- Competitive salary + eligibility for annual bonus, 12% superannuation and 17.5% annual leave loading
- Free parking at Skygate, Domestic and International terminals anywhere, anytime for as long as you need!
- Paid parental leave
- Extra leave day at Christmas - on us!
- Personal and professional development opportunities including mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee wellbeing initiatives; group strategy days, team events, professional talks
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include
- Lead a team of portfolio management personnel to ensure tasks are prioritised, align and delivered within required objectives.
- Lead the team’s proactive engagement strategy with tenants, delivering high quality service to support long-term tenant retention and growth of the Airport.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Commercial Property to develop and implement a Property Management Business Plan, to support the delivery of the Group Business Plan financial targets and retention of asset value.
- Working with the Head of Commercial Finance and Head of Property Development to manage revenue maximisation including preparation of income and expenditure budgets, provision of budgeted assumptions, monthly budget monitoring and variance analyses and providing accurate information for quarterly revenue forecasts.
- Manage, mentor and lead the team to ensure the delivery of key property management outcomes:
o Timely and accurate billing of monthly revenue and invoicing of rent and charges;
o Timely collection and reporting of unpaid revenue in line with lease provisions;
o Tenant compliance with key lease terms/conditions and all relevant codes and legislation;
o Tenant compliance with dilapidation/ make good provisions under the leases as necessary; and
o Tenant compliance with fitout guidelines and relevant lease and Airport regulations.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience in Property management, Lease management or Tenancy management.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience leading a team within the property industry.
- Demonstratable commercial lease negotiation experience.
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting with the ability to interpret and analyse financial data.
- Tertiary qualifications in Property or Property Economics.
If you have the expertise and passion to succeed in this role, we’d love to hear from you!
- Please apply now with your CV and a short cover letter outlining your suitability.
- For more information about this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email your application to this address as it will not be considered).
- As a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
At BAC we value your privacy. To understand how we manage your personal information visit www.bne.com.au/careers and download our Privacy Collection Statement – Applications for Employment.