Technical Solution Specialist (EN)
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
What we are looking for
A customer-focused Technical Solution Specialist who ensures that relevant technical information and guidance is provided to the Cisco Customers delivering customer success and aligned outcomes.
What You’ll Do
The Technical Solution Specialist (TSS) is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers, partners, and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings
The TSS is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the majority of their time will be spent. The TSS shares knowledge and best practices throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc.). The TSS works in a pooled fashion supporting requests globally.
- Provide Pre-sales deal support, response to technical inquires as Enterprise Network (EN) Architecture Specialist.
- Deliver Customer facing Services like: Demos, Customer Engagements, Design Assistance, Consultative selling.
- Provide Pre-sales support for Cisco AM, SE and Partners.
- Handle escalation and communication to Business Units.
- Provide proactively business contribution by building business relationship with the teams that relevant to EN business as TSS.
- Proactively support global colleagues through your leadership.
- Participate and present in relevant team meeting, trainings.
Role & Responsibilities
TSS is expected to look past the initial request intended to clarify and confirm the requirements before focusing on an accurate response and identify if there are opportunities to upsell or cross sell. Build relevant documentation, provide presentation or demo to support the deal. Develop the technical response to RFPs and the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
The fascinating things about this job
- Building your career as a Technical Solutions Specialist
- Working with global organization
- Various career path in Cisco globally
- Flexible work style (including Work from Home)
Who You Are
- B-Tech, BE, or equivalent, 2+ years of presales experience in technical position
- Customer facing experience within presales or consulting
- Excellent written, oral communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Cisco Enterprise products and technologies.
- Have a basic understanding of how to contrast and differentiate Cisco's end to end architectural value.
- Knowledge on how to handle RFP specifications.
- Strong leadership to contribute team growth.
- Proactively self-learning motivation to catch up new technologies and products.
- Industry Certifications like CCNP (R&S), CCNP (Wireless), CCIE (R&S), CCIE (Wireless). Working towards any industry led certification.
- Knowledge of programmability (python, REST API, Netconf Yang, Ansible) and Software lifecycle selling.
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data travelling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and size to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognise our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco