Travel Program Lead
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Finance makes it easier for us to win together as a business. Our team works side-by-side with every other team to help bring commercial thinking into what they do and make moves that support our strategic business decisions.
We offer good work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and excellent compensation benefits. We have an empowering and inclusive culture with open and effective management providing career stability
About the role
This is an exciting role for a travel professional to join and manage the Coles Travel Program. Sitting within our Finance portfolio, you will drive improvement and innovation in managing travel and travel costs.
Further, you’ll be responsible for:
- To drive compliance to the Travel Policy
- To be the functional owner of the Travel Policy, approving content on the Coles Intranet
- Drive improvement and innovation in managing travel and travel costs across the Group, including utilisation of credits
- To collaborate with Procurement on the RFP (Request for Proposal) for airlines, hotels, car hire and travel management company
- To manage the change of our Travel Management Company to another supplier ensuring the transition meets timelines and stakeholders are engaged and managed throughout the transition
- To manage the implementation of the Coles preferred suppliers of travel services and drive ongoing supplier performance
- Managing relationships with Travel Management Company and travel service suppliers (airlines and car hire)
- To take ownership of problems and implement solutions
- Manage access levels of Coles users in the Travel Portal Online Booking Tool (OBT)
- Approve administrative changes to the OBT with the travel management company
- Provide leadership and support to stakeholders including reporting to senior management, assisting Travel Arrangers with complex bookings, and liaising with Group Risk and Group Insurance
- Manage communications as required to Travel Arranger
About you and your skills
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Min 5 years’ experience in a large corporation
- Experience managing external suppliers of Travel Services
- Previous exposure to Policy Management an advantage
- Tertiary Qualified in Business or related discipline
- Candidate must be proactive, self-motivated, be able to drive change and challenge status quo
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills (written & verbal), as role will include managing external supplier performance through agreed SLAs and KPIs
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 65678
Employment Type: Full time