Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
The Coles Cloud Engineering Cost Management team is looking for a capable engineer to join and assist us with building out cost management and optimisation capabilities for the organisation.
Our vision is to make it as easy as possible for Coles technology teams to visualise their Cloud spend so that they can manage and optimise their Cloud cost themselves or with the help of Cloud Engineering.
We are currently predominantly working with Cloudability and Microsoft Azure but expect to be involved with Google Cloud Platform very soon as well.
The challenges we’re solving at the moment are, firstly, establishing a foundation of regular reporting and helpful tools for the basics of Cloud cost optimisation (i.e. unattached disks, rightsizing, auto-shutdown), and secondly, accurately reporting cost out of Platforms-as-a-Service (e.g. Azure Databricks, Azure Kubernetes Service) for chargeback
About the role
We’re looking for someone to:
- Administer our instance of Cloudability
- Develop scripts and applications to make cost optimisation operations in Azure and GCP easier for teams
- Liaise closely with Coles technology teams to guide them in how to take meaningful action around cost optimisation of their Cloud resources
- Form and implement processes around Cloud cost visibility
- Form and implement processes around Cloud cost optimisation (e.g. rightsizing, orphaned resource clean-up, auto-shutdown, reservations)
- Drive the increase of compliance against our tagging standard
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team’s way of working
- Contribute to the collective wellbeing of the team and its positive and constructive culture
About you and your skills
We’re looking for demonstrated experience with:
- Microsoft Azure, particularly the governance thereof and Azure Policy
- Microsoft PowerShell, Python, and other scripting languages
- Unit testing for scripting languages
- Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform, particularly for Azure and orchestrated by CI/CD tooling
- Git-based source control flows (inc. Trunk-based and legacy flows like GitFlow)
- Automation of shut-down, start-up and scaling of Cloud virtual machines and scalesets, particularly for Azure
- Managing and optimising Cloud cost beneficial
- Implementing and managing a Cloud tagging standard beneficial
- Working with agile and Extreme Programming practices beneficial
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 65111
Employment Type: Full time