Finance Business Analyst
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Finance makes it easier for us to win together as a business. Our team works side-by-side with every other team to help bring commercial thinking into what they do and make moves that support our strategic business decisions.
We offer good work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and excellent compensation benefits. We have an empowering and inclusive culture with open and effective management providing career stability.
About the role
Our Finance function is seeking a talented Finance Business Analyst who can demonstrate experience improving the reporting and insights functions of a business.
In this role you’ll provide input into and execution of remuneration data roadmap and drive design, development, and maintenance of a suite of reports and dashboards.
Further, you’ll be responsible for:
- Driving an improvement in the quality and on time delivery of daily, weekly and monthly reporting via automation and production efficiencies.
- Analyse large datasets to identify trends to maximise business opportunities and drive budgeting and forecasting
- Work across Finance and Operations teams to develop data and insights
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis and reporting to business and finance stakeholders
About you and your skills
You’ll have proven interpersonal and communication skills, stakeholder management, change management, problem solving and influencing skills and experience deploying business analytics tools and visualisation solutions support business decision process.
As well as having demonstrated success applying Power BI, or equivalent analytics tool, to deliver insights and / or develop reporting, including knowledge or experience using relational databases, SQL Python (or other programming languages) highly regarded
Ideally, you’ll also have the following skills & experience:
- Proven experience deploying business analytics tools and visualisation solutions support business decision process
- Demonstrated success applying Power BI or equivalent analytics tool to deliver insights
- A clear understanding of financial and commercial business metrics and the drivers of performance
- Experience planning & managing small projects with minimal supervision
- Strong experience using financial systems in a commercial environment e.g., Microsoft Office applications (inc. Excel, PowerPoint), MicroStrategy, TM1, SAP
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity, complexities, and high-level information
- Self-starter who displays tolerance, innovation, creativity, decisiveness,
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers, so you’ll need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose and evidence your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application. Thanks for understanding.
Job ID: 57315
Employment Type: Full time