Iteration Manager - Cloud
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
Requisition ID: 54022
Employment Type: Full time
Good things start here
This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh beginning. At the Coles Group, these are moments we live for.
Starting good things is what drives our purpose: to sustainably feed all Australians so they can lead healthier, happier lives. With a team of 120,000 people and an iconic portfolio of Australia’s most trusted brands, we’re perfectly positioned to turn a promising start into a whole lot more.
About the role:
As an Iteration Manager, will provide leadership within an Agile squad through effective facilitation, coordination, mentoring and coaching and is responsible for keeping the squad focused on the initiative goals and removing impediments along the way so they may deliver maximum value to the customer through the effective delivery of software initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
Some key day to day activities will include:
- Assess the Agile maturity of the squads and coach them to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the squads and organisation
- Organise and facilitate Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-up, backlog grooming, Sprint planning, Sprint reviews and Sprint retrospective meetings
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Support and educate the Product Managers or Business Analysts, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and open collaboration
- Provide all support to the squads using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and lead by example
- Facilitate efficient flow of tasks across the jira board
- Guide the squads to remove impediments by finding the right stakeholders / people to remove the impediment
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Record metrics on initiative and/or feature progress and communicate with relevant stakeholders
- Be accountable for individual and squads compliance with company values, policies, and procedures (including Coles Code of Conduct) and all applicable external laws and regulations
Good things you’ll need
- Previous experience in an Iteration Manager/ Delivery Lead/ Agile Coach role for an extended period for a software development squad that was diligently applying Agile principles, practices, and theory.
- Ability and demonstrated experience working within cross functional and highly collaborative delivery squads
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experienced in using Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- Experienced in numerous well documented patterns and techniques (example: numerous Burndown/ Burnup techniques, numerous Standup and Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Strong skills in written and oral communication; must be able to present formally or informally.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant post-secondary qualification (in technology/ digital engineering discipline)
- Qualifiaction in one or more Agile approaches: XP, Lean, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc. - preferred
- Stakeholder management skills
- Industry experience of building autonomous squads
You’re joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing, values what you do and celebrates your success. We’ll invest in you and your career with best practice training, development, and leadership programs. You’ll also receive fantastic team member discounts across our supermarkets and brands.
As part of our focus on achieving a gender balanced workforce, we belong to the WORK180 network as an endorsed employer for women. Our commitment to helping all women thrive in the workplace includes initiatives such as our recently updated parental leave policy, flexible working options and our Employee Assistance Program.
You can explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.