Technical Business Analyst
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Want to discover opportunities that challenge you? Connect to a career that can take you places? Inspire millions of Australians to lead healthier, happier lives? eCommerce is where you’ll find the freedom, support, and inspiration to do all that and more. We’re the team at the heart of our digital transformation – the ones creating the unified experiences and inclusive services our customers want and need. Open. Innovative. Accessibility-obsessed. It’s our eCommerce team that are redefining what we do, how we do it and why. So, we can build a digital offering fit for every Australian. So, we can find more ways to sustainably feed our nation – today and tomorrow.
Our eCommerce function is currently going through an exciting period of transformation & growth. As a result, we are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join us. You will be working in our newly created Channel Services team and act as a liaison between the Product Squads and backend team to identify solutions for feature requests and define API specs/contracts. If you are interested in being part of a major digital transformation and want to contribute to the future of digital retailing at Coles, then do apply now. Please note we are open to considering candidates based all over Australia.
About the role
One of the primary objectives of the role would be to investigate problems and analyse options for new and existing APIs/services, providing recommendations to solutions and produces artefacts such as sequence diagrams, API contracts, user stories & relevant documentation etc.
About you and your skills
- You are comfortable with Architecture/Solution walkthroughs and translating the high-level solution into API requirements.
- You can easily engage with technical & non-technical team in problem solving conversations
- You work with ease with API artefacts, sequence diagrams and can guide the internal and interfacing teams to finalize a workable solution outcome.
- You have previously worked with multiple cross functional teams/team members such as Product Squads, Solution Architects, Developers in complex environment.
- You have a set of values that enable to give your best in the area you choose to work.
- You have worked in Agile environment
- MUST HAVE strong API experience – Ability to document API Specifications, define API contracts and knowledge of working with tools like Swagger, Postman, OpenAPI
- Ideally coming from a technical background and comfortable with translating business requirements into API secs by analysing current Systems and Data flows
- Ability to facilitate and run workshops, showcases and other ceremonies to support product technology and solutions (e.g. discovery, goal settings)
- Ability to elicit engineering requirements, including writing user stories for agile teams.
- Works with stakeholders/Tech Product Manager to prioritise the product backlog based on value and timelines
- Collaborate with the team members to ensure the outcomes match the project requirements and meet the quality standards
- Has a solid understanding of ‘systems of work’ (agile, non-agile, SDLC, CD), and can identify areas for improvement and drive change
- Helps to evaluate and clarify requirements requirement gaps, and resolve conflicting or ambiguous requirements
- Strong understanding of Agile development;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Hands on experience working in complex technology environments using multiple delivery frameworks.
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers, so you’ll need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose and evidence your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application. Thanks for understanding.
Job ID: 61445
Employment Type: Full time