CPI Analyst - Hawthorn East
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
A new role = A new way to win together
You belong at Coles Group where we look ahead, have a plan, and are up for the challenge. We learn and grow by taking career-defining opportunities and this one may just be your next.
About the team
To understand our merchandising, we need to understand our customers. That’s why you’ll find us working across all business units at Coles Supermarkets, Liquor and Express. Supermarkets is one of the largest teams at Coles, but we’re a close-knit group that come from all over the world. We’re passionate about working at the forefront of merchandising and making sure our customers have quality products at the right price.
About the role
In this newly formed role, you will contribute to the Cost Management function and support business compliance, interacting at a high level with senior leaders in our Merchandise Business Units. This is true Business Analyst role and would suit someone who has 3 - 5 years post graduate experieince in a BA role in the finance sector.
As a Cost Analyst, you will support and interact with a key group of stakeholders to provide commercial insights and drive compliance across the business areas.
- Utilise subject matter expertise to review and support the negotiation of price increase requests
- Support product cost modelling and commodity-based opportunities or risks
- Provide key commodity insights to support budget development and category planning opportunities
- Develop, manage, and enhance reports to facilitate business compliance
About you and your skills
This role will utilise your research capabilities as this role leans into the art of science not just data analytics and interpretation. You will need to be competent in sourcing date and comfortable with partnering with varied internal and external stakeholders. To be successful in this role you will ideally have an analytical or engineering background, with experience in the retail, or manufacturing industries. Having the ability to support business areas with clear and logical recommendations based on analytical findings will be critical for this role.
You'll also need:
- Experience with process improvement, within a retail or consulting environment
- Strong communication skills, to manage and influence a broad set of stakeholders
- A commercial understanding of retail and supply chain is advantageous
- Effective problem solving and presentation skills to senior stakeholders
- Commodity trading, procurement, and supplier management experience preferred
- Experience working with IT systems, Power BI
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 66998
Employment Type: Permanent