Assistant Category Manager
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Commercial is a large but close-knit group. We bring diversity of thought, backgrounds and experience to every Business Unit at Coles Supermarkets, Liquor and Express. We pride ourselves on the partnerships that we build, new ideas we develop and how passionately we work on convenient, healthy solutions for our customers.
About the role
In this Assistant Category Manager role, you will work closely with and report into the Senior Category Manager as part of the meat team. As our new Assistant Category Manager will be responsible for developing exciting innovation across our meat portfolio and our supplier base. You will be a in a role that is fast paced, with numerous strategic objectives to deliver in the coming Financial Year.
You will assist in growing profitable category sales, maintaining strong supplier relationships, and support the customer-centric category strategy. You will be responsible for leading trade planning, ranging of new and exciting products whilst also managing and leading a variety of projects.
- Have end to end accountability, managing forecasting and range reviews
- Deliver against the overall category strategy
- Execute the category’s pricing, promotion, range selection and layout development
- Develop strong supplier relationships to effectively partner and execute goals
- Manage the collection, in-put, and maintenance of all category data, including promotional systems, data systems and new lines
About you and your skills
To be a successful candidate in this position, you will have experience as an Assistant Category Manager, or similar, with experience from the retail or FMCG industry.
You’ll also need:
- Strong commercial acumen with experience applying this to interpret industry dynamics and competitive retail landscape
- Skills within procurement/sourcing of products
- Knowledge of the merchandising function and processes
- Demonstrated analytical skills through proactively sourcing customer insights and data to formulate category recommendations
- Ability to build and articulate category strategy
- Cross functional experience with teams to manage and execute projects
- Developed communication skills and strong negotiation and influencing skills, with both internal and external stakeholders
Please note that applications will close on the 19th February.
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 79421
Employment Type: Full time