- You are determined to stay ahead of the latest technologies
- We're one of the largest and most advanced Mobile Engineering teams in the country
- Together we can build state-of-the-art data solutions that power seamless experiences for millions of customers
Do work that matters
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Android Chapter, you will bring in a perfect blend of skillset, including hands-on coding and be responsible for shaping the evolution of this team. Here, you will get the best of opportunities to work with new techno stack, for a range of excellent mobile development projects that will help provide a seamless and unrivalled customer experience!
Which is why we're the perfect fit for you. Here, you'll be part of a team of engineers going above and beyond to improve the standard of digital banking. Using the latest tech to solve our customers' most complex mobile centric problems.
The Digital Technology - Mobile Engineering Native team is responsible for the technology direction and core banking features that underpin our award winning CommBank Mobile App for both iOS and Android. We are one of the core teams in Business Banking, driving to deliver the bank of tomorrow, for our 7 million customers. We are a team of fun, caring, inclusive and diverse set of engineers, working in line with each other!
Whether you are an engineer driven by data to build fascinating apps, or called-in by your creativity to designing native apps, you will surely feel at home with us. You will work alongside a fantastic team of engineers, and highly invested managers focused on your career progression!
We are seeking people who are:
- Passionate about building industry leading customer interactive retail mobile products from scratch
- Ready to execute state-of-the-art coding practices, driving high quality outcomes to solve core business objectives and minimise risks
- Capable to create both technology blueprints and engineering roadmaps, for a multi- year mobile transformational journey
- Can lead and drive a culture where quality, excellence and openness are championed
- Constantly thinking outside the box and breaking boundaries to solve complex problems
We are also interested in hearing from people who:
- Are willing to build their careers in Mobile Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in building mobile native applications using Kotlin, Rest APIs and Android Java would be mandatory!
- Are confident in building native mobile apps from scratch, by integrating large sets of customer reviews derived from hundreds of internal and external sources
- Have a natural drive to educate, communicate and positively influence a large stakeholder group
We use a broad range of tools, languages, and frameworks. We do not expect you to know them all but experience or exposure with some of these, or a willing to learn these skillsets (or equivalents) will set you up for success in this team!
The hiring teams are willing to train you on skills that are necessary to perform the job. We are open to considering candidates who are willing to learn with a "go-getter" attitude!
- Android, Kotlin and Rest APIs
- Architecture principles, end to end test automation, UI Testing and CI/CD pipelines using TeamCity
Working with us:
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive, and flexible workplace with an ultimate flexibility to work from any of our engineering hubs within Australia. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges and empowered to tackle new opportunities. You'll be empowered to do your best work and be given the choice on when and where that work happens. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.