Senior Manager - Cryptography
Job Type: Full time
Senior Manager - Cryptography
- Join a dynamic and innovative team in one of the country's leading financial institutions
- Opportunity to utilise both people management and technical management skills
- Improve and protect the financial wellbeing of our customers and communities
Who are we?
Technology is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
Who would be your new team?
The Cyber Security group protects the bank and our customers from theft, losses and risk events, through effective and proactive management of cyber security, privacy and operational risk.
Cyber Data Protection is responsible for the consultation, design and operation of Group-wide security controls:
- Data Classification
- Cryptographic Controls
- Data Loss Prevention
What would your new role be?
As Senior Manager Cryptography, you will be responsible for the suite of cryptography standards and controls in the Group. This includes the design and operation of the controls, and assurance and governance over cryptography practices. In addition, you will
- Work with stakeholders on building a cryptography strategy
- Act as a central contact point and liaison for cryptographic standards, controls, governance and assurance activities
- Review, plan for and operationalise cryptographic standards and controls in-line with changing threat profiles and organisational context.
- Support effective management of security risks across the Bank and across its group entities through the delivery of sound and effective cryptographic standards and controls
- Ensure all risk and control management obligations for cryptographic services are met through the standards, controls and stakeholder engagement.
The successful applicant will be:
- Experienced in risk management
- Skilled in technical and non-technical stakeholder management
- Comfortable to work in large and complex environments
- An experienced Cyber Security professional with strong people management skills
- Possessing reasonable understanding of cryptographic services including key management, Public Key Infrastructure, and encryption
- Be a strategic thinker that has a structured approach to problem solving and have an understanding of the cyber threat impacts on financial processes and business decisions
Working here is all about your engagement ability, technical expertise, your ideas, and your willingness to bring a fresh perspective to the way we do things.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.