Associate Director, Loan Structuring and Execution, NBFI's
Job Type: Full time
- Outstanding Loan Structuring & Execution opportunity in our NBFI team
- Be part of this progressive and innovative environment
- Permanent, full time role based in the Sydney CBD
- We support flexible working and are happy to discuss what this means for you
See yourself in our team:
Our Loan Structuring & Execution ("LSE") team is embedded within the Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI) team and is responsible, in conjunction with origination teams, for the structuring, negotiation and legal review of documentation and execution of tailored bilateral, club and syndicated lending facilities for our Non-Bank clients.
We work with Global Client Coverage - origination, syndications, clients, third-party due diligence providers, product management, risk management, market operations in the delivery of transactions for both our internal and external customers.
Do work that matters:
You will play a key role in delivering the structuring and execution of transactions to make a positive impact for our clients and the Bank.
A key component of this role is for successful applicants to demonstrate appropriate analytical skills of legal documents and collaborative behaviours with a focus on quality, compliance and standards, reflecting the importance of their role in dealing with internal colleagues and external customers, responsibilities include:
- Negotiating facility terms, term sheets and engagement letters
- Negotiating and reviewing legal documents including facility agreements, security documents, fund documents, corporate documents, and legal opinions, and working with external lawyers
- Assisting with transaction origination activities by reviewing term sheets and providing structuring advice
- Development and enhancement of credit policies
- Client and external legal counsel management and engagement
- Project management and stakeholder management during transaction execution
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
Prior law firm or in-house legal counsel roles or a background in Banking and Finance, with a deep understanding of complex finance markets and products Legal and/or credit deal structuring experience, including knowledge of credit and risk management principles, policies and procedures
- Experience in negotiating legal documentation, including being proactive in finding solutions to meet customer / CBA requirements
- Knowledge of the rationale behind market standard facility documentation and appreciation of the in-life operational processes to determine implication of variances to terms and conditions
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Tertiary qualifications in either law or commerce.
What we offer
This opportunity will give you exposure to both clients and a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the business whilst being part of a team that is focused, smart, hardworking and passionate about our shared vision to create the very best experience for our customers.
As the successful applicant you'll be rewarded with a structured career path within Institutional Banking and Markets business that offers a competitive market salary, annual performance incentives, and a flexible working environment.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.