Category Development Analyst
Woolworths New Zealand
Location: New Zealand
Job Type: Full time
- Enable business decisions for one of NZ’s largest FMCG retailers
- Be the trusted advisor within Range and Space processes
- WFH flexibility, supportive team culture & group benefits, Favona based
Ready to make an impact?
Come and join our Merchandise team! We play an instrumental role in growing Countdown’s commercial engagement capabilities, providing crucial analysis, trends and insights that enable our Merchandise team to make crucial business decisions and enable us to do what we do best and that is to help make Kiwis’ lives better every day!
You’ll be joining a supportive team environment, a bunch who work hard, show up together and encourage flexible working. We are a good bunch.
About the Role | Mō te Tūranga
As a Category Development Analyst, this role will see interpreting data for use in Category Reviews and for other Merchandise projects.
You will also be responsible for:
- Leveraging world class customer Insights and Range Optimisation capabilities to ensure a data driven approach to category reviews across Merchandise
- Supporting the pace and scale at which the Merchandise team aims to have impact to ensure delivery of quality analysis, presentation materials, insights and ideas in a timely manner
- Understanding how customers shop and how our stores perform to ensure we have a tailored range in each and every store that meets the needs of our customers
About You | Mōu
To succeed in this role you will bring your analytical mindset and potential category analysis experience within retail or an FMCG environment. You’ll be someone with strong MS office skills and the ability to derive and deliver insights for growth from different data sources. You’ll love interpreting data, be a great communicator with the ability to translate your insights to key stakeholders.
Some experience using Nielsen, IRI, Quantium / Dunnhumby or Tableau would be an advantage, but not essential
If you have a curious mindset, and the sort of individual who strives to always do the right thing for customers, team and community then we ought to connect.
Working with Countdown | Te Mahi ki Countdown
Our purpose is to make Kiwis' lives a little better every day.
We’re friendly, down-to-earth, and energetic - we work hard but we have a great time doing it, and we love what we do. There is plenty of scope for new ideas, lots of room for you to add value, and importantly, you’ll be working with a business that touches the lives of three million New Zealanders a week.
Come as you are | Haere mai rā
We’re an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all.
If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.